Programmable AC-DC Power Supplies feature water-cooled design.
July 30, 2012 -
Providing up to 30 kW in 3U form factor, Sorensen ASD Series 40 V and 60 V Power Supplies feature DSP-based digital architecture, with real-time digital control and GUI. Units enable precise programming of voltage and current slew rate for sensitive loads. Built-in energy meter calculates delivered energy throughout process or period of time, while real-time clock enables time stamping of events. Being water cooled, units are suited for applications with stringent air quality requirements.
|Original Press release |
Ametek Programmable Power, Inc.
9250 Brown Deer Rd.
San Diego, CA, 92121
AMETEK Introduces Water-Cooled Sorensen ASD Series Power Supplies
High power density, digital control make Sorensen ASD ideal for process power, ATE and control applications.
SAN DIEGO, CA - AMETEK Programmable Power (www.programmablepower.com), the global leader in programmable AC and DC power test solutions, today introduced the Sorensen ASD Series 40V and 60V precision programmable AC-DC power supplies. The Sorensen ASD's water-cooled packaging allows it to provide up to 30 kW of power in a 3U form factor, giving it unrivaled power density for a power supply in this class. Being water cooled, it is ideal for precision programmable power applications with stringent air quality requirements such as clean rooms or industrial environments that are dirty or potentially corrosive and damaging to air-cooled power supplies.
The ASD DSP-based digital architecture, with real-time digital control and Graphical User Interface (GUI), enables advanced features for better control and monitoring of critical processes and applications.
For example, the optional advanced features package includes a built-in oscilloscope function for measurement and display of: power, voltage, current, output impedance, output cable impedance and output cable voltage drop. The ASD provides the ability to program different "fault levels," enabling detection of output cabling, connection or load problems before they cause critical system problems. The ASD can replace a system programmable logic device (PLC) by closing the loop on an external parameter such as temperature.
Additionally, the ASD's Advanced Diagnostics And Maintenance (ADAMSM) function includes a "flight data recorder" feature that can capture and record multiple parameters facilitating troubleshooting and process improvement.
The Sorensen ASD product series with its outstanding load transient, ripple and noise performance, combined with advanced digital control functionality is ideal for today's demanding precision power applications.
Sorensen ASD advanced features summary:
· Precise programming of voltage and current slew rate for sensitive loads.
· Modules within one chassis can be connected to different loads and controlled independently.
· Industrial field bus interface (Modbus-TCP, Modbus-RTU, Ethernet/IP (Industrial Protocol), or EtherCAT) enable real-time digital control.
· Built-in energy meter calculates the delivered energy throughout a process or period of time.
· Real time-clock enables accurate time stamping of events.
· Built in power quality monitoring detects and saves input voltage anomalies, which can be saved for later diagnostic analysis.
· Programmable analog interface scaling makes it simpler to integrate the ASD with existing systems.
· Load impedance measurement, including rate-of-change calculations, enable load "state of health" monitoring and implementation of system preventive maintenance algorithms
· Programmable filter bandwidth of the output voltage, current and power monitors let the user accommodate their response speed to particular needs.
· Full featured GUI helps to test and debug the system by communicating with the power supply in real time.
Price and Availability
With prices starting at $6400 (US), Sorensen ASD Series units are shipping to customers.
For More Information
To learn more about any of the company's programmable power supplies, contact AMETEK Programmable Power Sales toll free at 800-733-5427, or 858-458-0223, or by email at email@example.com. Users also can contact an authorized AMETEK Programmable Power sales representative, who can be located by visiting http://www.programmablepower.com/contact/.
About AMETEK Programmable Power
AMETEK Programmable Power offers the engineer's most reliable and trusted power brands: AMREL, California Instruments, Elgar, EM Test and Sorensen. AMETEK's strong brands, broad product portfolio of AC and DC power supplies/loads, and deep application expertise across a wide array of industries make it the industry's trusted "power partner."
AMETEK Programmable Power is a unit of AMETEK Electronic Instruments Group, a leader in advanced instruments for the process, aerospace, power and industrial markets and a division of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of $3.0 billion.