Modular Absolute Rotary Encoders feature non-contact technology.
August 29, 2013 -
Available with analog Sin/Cos, digital SSi, and digital AqB+I outputs, Netzer Rotary Electric Encoders™ provide absolute position with <0.01° accuracy and up to 20-bit resolution (with 12-bit A/D) with miniature to wide diameter hollow shaft. Features include <10 mm profile; ring-shaped, hollow shaft; and default operation from -55 to +125°C. Available from 25–248 mm OD (6–170 mm ID), models offer dual and triple redundancy options as well as tolerance to condensation and contaminants.
|Original Press Release |
4300 Steeles Ave W. Unit 39
Woodbridge, ON, L4L4C2
Netzer Absolute Encoders Feature 20 Bit Resolution, Non-Contact Technology and Modular Design
Netzer Precision Motion Sensors has taken a revolutionary position sensing technology, originally developed for harsh environment specialized applications, and made it available for today’s broader range of defense, homeland security, aerospace and instrumentation motion control requirements. Standard and customized rotary and linear electric encoders are also applicable for space and avionics, medical, automotive and a wide range of other applications.
Netzer’s Rotary Electric Encoders™ provide exceptionally accurate, high resolution, absolute position with miniature to wide diameter hollow shaft. Available with Analog Sin/Cos , Digital SSi , Digital AqB+I outputs, these rotary encoders feature up to 20 Bit Resolution (with 12 bit A/D) and accuracy to <0.01° .
The Electric Encoder™ non-contact technology relies on interaction between the measured displacement and a space/time modulated electric field. It offers a blend of features unequalled by optical or magnetic encoders.
Advantages of Electric Encoders™ include:
• Simple, robust structure with a virtually no- failure- mechanism
• Generous mounting tolerances
• Very low weight, inertia, and profile (=<10mm)
• Ring shaped, hollow shaft with a wide range of diameters
• Absolute position output over 360° rotation range
• Precision to 0.001° in selected models
• Default operation range from -55°C to +125°C
• Dual and triple redundancy options
• No magnetic signature
• High tolerance to condensation and contaminants
• Insensitivity to EMI/RFI and magnetic fields
• High customizability
• Low power consumption
• Ultra-high-speed options
• Wide variety of position feedback protocols
• Models range from 25mm OD to 248mm OD [6mm to 170mm ID]
More information on the Netzer Encoders can be viewed at-