Product News: Test & Measuring Instruments
Mineral Contact Probe offers fatigue-free measurement.
Press Release Summary:
January 15, 2014 - Plugging into SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers or spectroradiometers, Mineral Contact Probe measures surface reflectance from 350–2,500 nm, making it suited for mining exploration, core shack logging, and chip tray analysis. Pistol grip unit features 5 W tungsten halogen light source, impact-resistant ABS thermoplastic handle, pushbutton trigger for data collection, and metal clad fiber optical cable with quick disconnect. Scratch-resistant crystal and rubber gasket protect probe window.
Original Press Release
Fatigue-free Measurement and Mineral Identification in the Field with the Lightweight, Ergonomically Designed Mineral Contact Probe
Press release date: January 9, 2014
Lawrence, MA – The SPECTRAL EVOLUTION mineral contact probe is designed for mining exploration, core shack logging and chip tray analysis. This lightweight and comfortable probe measures surface reflectance from 350-2500nm. The comfortable pistol grip has a built-in 5 watt, tungsten halogen light source. Other features include:
• Lightweight, easy to carry and easy to hold and use all day without user fatigue
• Unique, comfortable low reflectance, impact resistant ABS thermoplastic handle
• Light touch, tactile feel, pushbutton trigger for data collection
• Metal clad fiber optic cable with quick disconnect
• Plugs directly into the oreXpress™, oreXpress platinum, or other SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers or spectroradiometers
• Scratch resistant crystal and rubber gasket protect the probe window for clear and accurate measurement
• Instrument status light tells the user when scanning is finished for easy workflow
• Ideal for mineral reflectance studies of any kind
Whether you’re hopping from outcrop to outcrop, logging cores in a core shack, or working with chips in a tray, the mineral contact probe is the ideal complement for an oreXpress field spectrometer. The oreXpress works with EZ-ID real-time mineral identification software and the USGS and SpecMIN libraries for field analysis and identification. The oreXpress covers the full NIR range from 350-2500nm, is less than 7 pounds and is available in a padded mini-backpack.
For more information on the mineral contact probe, visit: http://www.spectralevolution.com/mining_accessories.html
For a an overview of our field spectrometers for mining: http://www.spectralevolution.com/spectrometers_mining.html
About SPECTRAL EVOLUTION
Established in 2004, SPECTRAL EVOLUTION is a leading manufacturer of laboratory and handheld portable spectrometers, spectroradiometers and spectrophotometers. SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers are used worldwide for many mission-critical lab and field applications in mining, remote sensing, vegetative studies, ground truthing, environmental and climate studies, developing satellite calibrations, and more, due to their reliable, robust, rugged design and user-friendly one-touch features.
Marketing & Sales