Materials Testing Software aids mechanical properties evaluation.
March 11, 2013 -
Bluehill® 3 Materials Testing Software v3.31 offers TrendTracker Software plug-in, optimizing results management using database archiving and search capabilities. Features are included for control and data acquisition, workflow testing, results visualization, connectivity with Eurotherm controlled environment chambers and high temperature furnaces. These, along with application test methods, facilitate setup, execution, and analysis of advanced tests for metals, composites, and plastics.
|Original Press release |
825 University Avenue
Norwood, MA, 02062-2643
Lastest Version of Bluehill 3 In-Line with Previous Version Updates
Instron®, a leading provider of testing equipment designed to evaluate mechanical properties of materials and components, announces the release of their latest version of Bluehill® 3 Materials Testing Software, v3.31.
V3.31 integrates Bluehill 3 with Instron’s TrendTracker Software for results management using powerful database archiving and search capabilities. It also offers features for improved control and data acquisition, simplified testing workflows, new results visualization options, seamless connectivity with Eurotherm controlled environment chambers and high temperature furnaces, and new application test methods. These features specifically make advanced tests in the areas of metals, composites, and plastics easier to setup, run, and analyze.
New Product for Results Management
• TrendTracker™ plugin for Bluehill automatically exports Bluehill results to the TrendTracker database at the end of the test
• The plugin includes a Batch Export feature that migrates years of existing Bluehill 2 and Bluehill 3 results into the database, making the data searchable overnight
Control and Data Acquisition
• New 5900 Advanced Performance Option extending data rates up to 2.5 kHz and 0.5% load cell accuracy up to an industry-leading 1/1000th of the load cell capacity
• Automatic strain rate control that adapts to system compliance on the fly and simplifies the test setup workflow for standards like ISO 6892
• Digital data acquisition from Instron environmental chambers and other Eurotherm temperature controllers using RS-232/485 connection
Improved Testing Workflow
• New Control Chart graph type to visualize variation in a sample
• New average curve as a representative curve for a sample
• Expression Builder support for automatically computing the cross sectional area of complex specimen geometries
• More events provide automatic voice feedback for easier test operation
New Test Methods
• Thirteen new methods in Composites Application Module
This release, in addition to the releases in the past three years, reflects Instron’s commitment to continuously invest in Research & Development to deliver market-leading products and technologies.
For more information, please visit our new What’s New in Bluehill software page.
Instron is a leading provider of test equipment for the material and structural testing markets. A global company providing single-source convenience, Instron manufactures and services products used to test the mechanical properties and performances of various materials, components and structures in a wide array of environments.
Instron systems evaluate materials ranging from the most fragile filament to advanced high-strength alloys, providing customers with comprehensive solutions for all their research, quality and service-life testing requirements. Additionally, Instron offers a broad range of service capabilities, including assistance with laboratory management, calibration expertise and customer training.
For more information, contact Instron, 825 University Ave, Norwood, MA02062, USA. Toll-free: 1-800-564-8378; Fax: 1-781-575-5725; or visit our website at www.instron.com.