Product News: Electrical Equipment & Systems
LED Quad Lights are virtually unbreakable.
Press Release Summary:
June 10, 2014 - Suitable for wide area lighting, LED Quad Lights include 3,200 lumen model featuring 40 W output using 4 bulbs with 160 SMD LEDs per bulb, and 7,200 lumen model featuring 80 W output using 4 bulbs with 290 SMD LEDs per bulb. LEDs have beam angle of 120° and come on instantly with no buzzing, humming, or flickering. Equipped with aluminum heatsink, cUS/CSA certified lights are available with clear tubeshields for 360° lighting or reflective tube shields for focused task lighting.
Original Press Release
KH Industries Introduces the First Virtually Unbreakable Wide Area, Portable Lighting System with its new LED Quad Light
Press release date: June 3, 2014
Hamburg, New York – KH Industries, U.S. manufacturer of industrial grade lighting and power products, has expanded its offering on its Quad Light to include 3,200 and 7,200 Lumen LED models.
The Quad Light is known for its durability and is the industry standard for rugged, wide area lighting in large scale manufacturing, and in the overhaul, maintenance and repair industries. Now with the recent dual cUS/CSA Certification for the 3,200 Lumen and the 7,200 Lumen models the LED Quad Light will deliver even more durability as LEDs are virtually unbreakable.
“The quality and lumen output of LEDs has dramatically improved in the last few years. We are using the new generation of Surface Mounted (SMD) LEDs in the Quad Light which only adds to the durability and ruggedness of the light. The new LED Quad Lights have a longer bulb lifespan, lower power consumption, and are more durable than traditional fluorescent.” explains Joseph Pinker Jr., president of KH Industries.
“The intensely bright lumen output and color rendition surpassed our quality tests. Additionally, we’ve partnered with the world’s largest aerospace company that has been field testing the lights. Their positive feedback on the LED Quad Light was the driving force behind bringing this product to market for the rest of the industry.” says Pinker.
The benefits of using SMB LEDs vs. fluorescent are:
- High Brightness and Superior Color Rendition:
- 3,200 Lumen model features 4 bulbs with 160 SMD LEDs per bulb
- 7,200 Lumen model features 4 bulbs with 290 SMD LEDs per bulb
- High quality SMD LEDs emit a higher brightness because of their wider beam angle of 120 degrees, making it ideal for wide area lighting solutions
- Superior color rendition from a frosted bulb for defused light output
- SMD LEDs transfer heat better, providing a longer lasting light and are rated up to 100,000 hours
- Aluminum heat sink allows for even heat disbursement
- Instant on, no buzzing, humming, or flickering, LEDs use a driver instead of a ballast
- No mercury; no RF interference
- 3,200 Lumen model features 4 bulbs with 10 Watt/40 watt total output
- 7,200 Lumen model features 4 bulbs with 20 Watt/80 watt total output
- -- Up to 20 lights can be daisy changed together
- Shock and vibration resistant
- Aluminum extruded back heat sink
- LEDs are enclosed in a polycarbonate tube and then protected inside a polycarbonate clear tube-shield
- Thick aluminum circuit board for maximum heat dissipation
“Typically the Quad Lights are used in large scale manufacturing, overhaul and maintenance.” says Joseph Halas, regional sales manager, KH Industries. “The LED Quads were designed specifically for the aerospace industry. They use them during new construction or retrofitting because you can string up to 20 lights together and it will illuminate the entire fuselage. The LEDs don’t emit heat and draw very little energy. Additionally, the lights are made for rough service areas and can take an unusual amount of abuse.”
Contact KH Industries for more information, including available models and pricing.
KH Industries is a state-of-the-art US manufacturer of industrial-grade portable lighting and power products for the utility, fleet, construction, aviation, chemical, petroleum, marine, and agricultural industries. KH Industries is located in Hamburg, New York.