Compact Excavator features digital operator interface.February 11, 2014 -
Built around 37.7 hp Yanmar Tier IV certified diesel engine, 4.5 metric ton Z45 GEN:2 includes digital operator interface that provides real-time information, service reminders, and 90 days of operating history. Standard auxiliary proportional hydraulics give operator infinitely variable control of hydraulic flow, while ECO Mode reduces engine speed by 10%, cutting fuel consumption. When hydraulic movement has not occurred for more than 4 sec, Auto Deceleration lowers noise and emissions levels.
GEHL Launches New Z45 Gen: 2 Compact Excavator in North America
143 Water St.
West Bend, WI, 53095
Press release date: January 20, 2014
Since entering the excavator market in 1987, Gehl has focused on providing the right mix of compact excavators for the market. We are proud to introduce the newest addition to our compact excavator product line, the 4.5 metric ton Z45 GEN:2. Built around its reliable Tier IV emissions-certified Yanmar engine, this new model provides excellent performance while lowering fuel consumption and operating costs. An all-new digital operator interface provides real time system information, service reminders, and 90 days of operating history.
Advancements in the Z45 GEN:2 compact excavator include:
Delivery of the Z45 GEN:2 compact excavators will begin in late February. We expect interest to be strong, so submit your orders online through the Dealer Portal, or contact your Sales Support Specialist or District Development Manager if you have any questions.
- Yanmar Tier IV certified diesel engine with 37.7 hp provide excellent balance in power and fuel conservation.
- Digital Operator Interface shows real time system information, service reminders, and 90 days of operating history. This is ideal for rental fleets and operations with more than one operator to track machine use and performance.
- Cab size is increased compared to the former Z45 model, providing more room for the operator.
- Standard auxiliary proportional hydraulics give the operator infinitely variable control of the hydraulic flow. This allows the operator to set the ideal flow for the attachment and application.
- ECO Mode can be activated form the cab with a switch. When activated, the engine speed is reduced by 10%, reducing fuel consumption for lowered operating costs.
- Auto Deceleration lowers noise and emissions levels when the hydraulic movement has not occurred for more than four seconds. This increases fuel economy and lowers operating costs.
Vice President Sales Americas
| Featured Manufacturing Jobs