Access Control System provides physical rack security.
February 11, 2014 -
Providing real-time, high-level physical security at rack or server enclosure level, E-LINE by DIRAK MLR Series consists of physical handle, its integration in organization's IT network, and Administration Suite. With MLR3000, one IP address can be assigned to up to 32 locks. Each handle can be opened with HID card or via real-time remote opening by security personnel. With Administration Suite, organizations can log all security events for audit trail of when doors were opened and by whom.
|Original Press Release |
Eldon Business Park
Nottingham, , NG9 6DZ
2bm Strengthens Rack Security Offering with E-LINE by DIRAK Series
- E-LINE by DIRAK MLR Series enables real-time, high-level physical rack security -
NOTTINGHAM, England -- Innovator in data centre technology 2bm (http://www.2bm.co.uk) today announces the latest offering in its room and rack security range, E-LINE by DIRAK MLR Series. The Mechatronic Access Control, Monitoring & Management solution gives organisations real-time, high-level physical security at rack or server enclosure level.
2bm will be exhibiting at Data Centre World 2014 on Stand B50 and will be showcasing the E-LINE by DIRAK MLR Series as a key part of its product demonstration.
The E-LINE by DIRAK MLR Series consists of three main components that complement each other: the actual physical handle; its integration in the organisation's IT network; and the Administration Suite. By assigning IP addresses to a single or group of handles, organisations can monitor and manage data and server racks from a single location both from an operational and temperature perspective. Engineers can open each handle with a HID card and the appropriate security clearance or via real-time remote opening by security personnel. The Administration Suite software allows organisations to effectively log all security events giving organisations a comprehensive audit trail of when doors were opened and by whom.
Key product features of the E-LINE by DIRAK MLR Series include:
- Handle control - with MLR3000 one IP address can be assigned to up to 32 locks making it well suited for data centres with a large number or racks. The MLR5000 solution can configure each handle with its own unique IP address making it an ideal solution for racks distributed across different rooms and/or buildings;
- Change control - Locks can be set so that they can be opened only when the appropriate change control requests and authorisations are in place. Access can be given remotely at a specific time of day and to a pre-approved individual;
- "Four Eyes" principle - where elevated security levels are needed, the "four eyes" principle can be applied, requiring two people to provide the appropriate authorisation at the same time;
- Flexible Administration Suite - users can create and maintain central access schedules and detailed access administration. It allows for exception schedules and includes automated task administration with email function;
- Alarms & Authorisation - LEDs integrated into the handle housing provide local signalling of alarms & authorisation. The Administration Suite provides an extensive range of alarm and system messages for IT security personnel based remotely.
Jason Preston, Director of Innovation at 2bm, comments: "The financial implications of unauthorised data access or criminal activity and subsequent reputational damage organisations can suffer has driven up demand for robust data security. We are very pleased that the E-LINE by DIRAK solution now forms part of our offering, it is a highly flexible alternative that enables organisations to impose diverse control levels depending on the specific needs or data value of each individual client or rack."
About 2bm Limited
Nottingham-based 2bm is an innovator in the provision of data centre products and services, offering UK-wide, complete installation and in-house project management from concept through to completion. 2bm's full service offering is enhanced by its dedicated team of installation engineers who ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget, with minimal disruption to day-to-day data centre operations.
2bm prides itself on the delivery of best practice, focusing on the efficient layout and distribution of IT equipment within the data centre, covering current and future business needs, IT technology trends and their implication on future data centre capacity requirements.
2bm has built its continued success on recommending only best-of-breed solutions. These innovative offerings are based upon a clear understanding of its client's requirements, which are either supplied as part of a strong relationship with strategic business partners or from its own growing portfolio of products like the 2bm iMeter - a highly advanced environmental and power monitoring solution. All these products have been selected because they offer real value for money whilst minimising the impact on the environment - through reduced power requirements and lower carbon emissions.
The majority of 2bm's implementations are in the major conurbations - London, Manchester, and Birmingham - however, from its base in Nottingham it is able to support customers across the whole of the UK maintaining 200+ implementations, which are predominantly in the financial services, education and local government sectors.