SAE opens media registration for Convergence® 2010.September 2, 2010 -
SAE has opened media registration for Convergence® Conference and Exhibition, to be held October 19-20, 2010 in Detroit. Co-hosted by Ford Motor Company and Microsoft Corporation, event will include Blue Ribbon Panel: The Mobility Ecosystem that will discuss opportunities for convergence of new technologies and services. Event will also feature Carmakers Speak Panel, technical sessions, SAE Career Fair, and Convergence Banquet on October 20, with keynote speaker Kevin Dallas of Microsoft.
Media Registration Now Open for SAE International Convergence 2010
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
Society Of Automotive Engineers, Inc. (SAE)
400-T Commonwealth Dr.
Warrendale, PA, 15096
Press release date: August 26, 2010
For more than 30 years, the Convergence® Conference and Exhibition has served the automotive and transportation electronics community by delivering relevant technology solutions and an electrifying line-up of invited speakers and presenters addressing "hot-button" topics. This event has earned world-wide recognition as the premier transportation electronics event attracting leading executives, engineers and technologists from around the globe. Serving as Co-Host Companies for Convergence 2010 are Ford Motor Company and Microsoft Corporation.
When: Oct. 19-20
Where: Cobo Center - Detroit
Highlights will include:
- Blue Ribbon Panel: The Mobility Ecosystem - Consumers are looking for automobiles that match their lifestyle choices; cars which are environmentally conscious, safe, connected and affordable. This panel will discuss opportunities for the convergence of new technologies and services to deliver on the promise of smart automotive mobility for tomorrow.
- Carmakers Speak Panel - Comprised of the top electrical engineers from the world's major carmakers, this panel is a terrific opportunity to learn where the industry is heading and what carmakers need from suppliers of electrical and electronics parts, software and tools. These engineers are the gatekeepers of new vehicle technologies, features and functions.
- Technical Sessions: Automotive Electronics Industry Strategies - This year's technical organizers have invited industry's leading innovators to provide a content-rich technical program for attendees.
- SAE Career Fair - As part of its commitment to providing career development opportunities for mobility engineers and to assist academic, government, corporate recruiters and employers in finding highly qualified candidates, SAE is offering a Career Fair during SAE Convergence 2010.
- Convergence Banquet - Wednesday, October 20, 2010; Keynote Speaker:
Kevin Dallas, General Manager, Windows Embedded Business Unit, Microsoft Corporation
Press credentials can be obtained visiting <br>http://www.sae.org/events/convergence/registration.htm or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
SAE International is a global association of more than 128,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.
CONTACT: Shawn Andreassi of SAE International, +1-724-772-8522 or email@example.com
Source: SAE International