Raymarine Evolution(TM) Autopilot Certified for SeaStar Solutions Optimus Systems
22 Cotton Road Unit D
Nashua, NH, 03063
Press release date: October 1, 2013
Award-winning autopilots for breakthrough propulsion systems
Raymarine is pleased to announce that it’s all-new Evolution EV-2 drive-by-wire autopilot system has been certified for use with SeaStar Solutions’ new Optimus EPS and Optimus 360 electronics steering systems. Optimus EPS systems provide effortless electronic power steering for outboard powerboats, while Optimus 360 systems add easy 360-degree maneuvering capabilities using an intuitive joystick controller. Both systems use state-of-the-art CAN bus networking for exceptional steer-by-wire control.
The new Evolution EV-2 autopilot system delivers a superior autopilot experience with razor-sharp course keeping and simple operation. Evolution’s innovative EV-2 sensor core connects directly to the Optimus CAN bus network for simple, reliable integration. No extra complicated gateways or convertors are required for installation. Easy to install, the Evolution autopilot uses a simple Dockside Wizard and ultra-fast Automagic™ calibration to setup and go in seconds. It truly is that simple.
The magic of Evolution lies in the 9-axis EV sensor core and its very sophisticated Evolution Ai™ algorithms for course control and guidance. The EV sensor core contains both an attitude heading reference system as well as the autopilot course logic system. This smart packaging of components reduces the size of the traditional autopilot core pack to an ultra-compact 5-inch disc that can be mounted just about anywhere above or below-decks.
"SeaStar Solutions’ Optimus EPS and Optimus 360 truly integrates the electronic and mechanical systems onboard a boat," said Tom Douglass, Vice-President Global Sales & Marketing. "With Optimus and Raymarine's new Evolution autopilot, it's easier than ever to add the benefits of autopilot navigation."
Ian Matt, Senior Global Product Manager for Raymarine, said, ”Raymarine’s Evolution EV-2 is a great solution for drive-by-wire systems. Not only do SeaStar’s Optimus customers get great autopilot performance from the EV-2, they now have the added advantage of controlling that autopilot direct from their Raymarine multifunction display.”
Raymarine’s new Evolution autopilot is now a double award winner, recently receiving both the 2013 NMEA-BWI Technology award and the IBEX Innovation Award for electronics.
Raymarine’s Evolution™ autopilot – a summary
Evolution EV-2 Key Features
• EV-2 sensor core with 9-axis sensing connects directly to the SeaStar CAN Bus
• Precision monitoring of heading, pitch, roll, and yaw allowing the autopilot to evolve instantly as sea conditions and vessel dynamics change.
• Choice of performance level – performance, cruise, or leisure,
• Hassle-free installation. Mount the EV2 anywhere above or below-decks.
• Simple dockside set-up and ultra-fast Automagic™ calibration.
• Compatible with Raymarine p70 and p70R Autopilot Controllers
• Complete basic autopilot control from Raymarine a, c, e and gS Series multi-function displays
• Pre-programmed fishing patterns (with p70R controller)
• Solid state sensor technology delivers dynamic accuracy to within 2 degrees in all conditions.
• Auto-compensation for on board magnetic fields and reliable heading accuracy in northern and southern extremes.
• Fast and reliable heading data for MARPA, radar overlay, and heading modes on Raymarine multifunction displays.
• Backed by Raymarine’s industry leading three year warranty
For further information contact Haley Ellison, 503-919-0696 or email@example.com. For high res images visit www.raymarine.com/media
Raymarine, a world leader in marine electronics, develops and manufactures the most comprehensive range of electronic equipment for the recreational boating and light commercial marine markets. Designed for high performance and ease of use, the award-winning products are available through a global network of dealers and distributors.
The Raymarine product lines include radar, autopilots, GPS, instruments, fishfinders, communications, and integrated systems. Headquartered in Fareham UK, Raymarine is a division of FLIR Systems, a world leader in thermal imaging. For more information about Raymarine please go to www.raymarine.com.
About FLIR Systems:
Pioneers in all aspects of infrared technology, FLIR designs, manufactures, and supports thermal imaging systems and subsystems for industrial, scientific, government, commercial, and firefighting applications. With almost 50-years of history in infrared innovation, over 100,000 systems in use worldwide, and development centres and sales offices in over 60 countries, FLIR is the world leader in thermal imaging technology. Visit the company's website at www.FLIR.com