Rand McNally Reveals Latest Upgrades to the TND(TM)760 System and Introduces New Web Portal
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
8255 N. Central Park
Skokie, IL, 60076
Press release date: July 19, 2012
CHICAGO - Today, at an annual customer event in Chicago, Rand McNally showcased the latest enhancements to its single-box EOBR-compliant solution, the TND(TM) 760 Fleet Edition, as well as previewed a new web portal for all Rand McNally mobile communications products.
One year after announcing the launch of the TND(TM) 760, Rand McNally gave customers a review of new, significant enhancements to the system's software. New features include a Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR); the inclusion of the "Oil Field Exception" in its Hours of Service application; the ability to provide routing information to the cab automatically from back-end dispatch systems; and map database and feature updates for its IntelliRoute® GPS navigation software.
These new capabilities enable customers to move further away from paper reporting and tracking, providing necessary information to the back office in real time:
- The electronic DVIR report will enable companies to immediately access potential maintenance issues, and reduce the use of paperwork. These reports can be saved for up to six months.
- Updates to Rand McNally's Hours of Service application include "Oil Field Exceptions", which are defined in U.S. DOT's Hours of Service of Drivers final rule effective February 27, 2012 section 395.1(d) (1) and (d) (2).
- For companies integrating TND 760 with a third party transportation management system, routing from point to point can be delivered directly to the in-cab device eliminating phone or e-mail instructions by the dispatcher, and manual entry of data by the driver.
- Within the navigation feature, enhancements include an upgraded map database with enhanced truck routing settings, and more.
At the Chicago customer event, Rand McNally also previewed a new web-based portal. The Rand McNally Connect web portal provides a single access point for fleet tracking, mapping, performance reporting, e-mail communication, as well as provides access to third-party applications.
The web portal is accessible for all customers of Rand McNally's mobile communication fleet management solutions including the TND 760, TPC 7600 system and TruckPC products. Rand McNally's solutions are integrated with products from TMW, McLeod and other transportation management systems.
In addition, the new portal allows fleets to quickly access new features:
- Geofencing - Allowing for complex polygon shapes to be identified as alert areas. When a vehicle enters or exits the polygon, an e-mail or SMS text message may be sent back to the company. Geofencing can be used to track entry and exit to analyze wait time at a customer location or to report vehicle detention time.
- Landmarks - Provides an easy to use tool for uploading a custom list of locations onto the map.
- Dashboards - Performance dashboards and trending charts give fleet managers instant visibility into fleet wide activities and issues. Dashboards include data on fuel consumption, fuel economy, idle time, hard braking, miles driven and speeding.
- Alerts - The improved notification feature allows for alerts to be communicated via an SMS text message or e-mail, identifying an important task in the process, such as arrival and departure, or a potential safety issue such as a hard breaking incident, or a cost containment opportunity such as extended idling.
About Rand McNally - Rand McNally is the most trusted source for maps, directions, and travel content. Rand McNally's products and services include: Road travel review site bestoftheroad.com; Interactive travel referral service, tripology.com; America's #1 Road Atlas; and TripMaker® RVND(TM) GPS for RVers; IntelliRoute® truck-routing software and navigation devices; TruckPC and the TND(TM) 760 Fleet Edition mobile communication solutions for the transportation industry; and the leading geography-based educational resources for the classroom. Consumers, businesses, truckers, and educators depend upon Rand McNally to help navigate today's world. randmcnally.com
IntelliRoute and Rand McNally are registered trademarks; RVND and TND are trademarks of RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally.
Follow us -
Provide yourTrucker Story at:
CONTACT: Amy Krouse, Rand McNally, +1-703-860-2677, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://www.randmcnally.com