Indosat Consolidates Mediation Operations with Comptel's State-of-the-Art Platform
Press release date: October 23, 2013
Comptel's single, scalable, high performance platform will help the Indonesian operator reduce costs, improve time-to-market and enable more efficient mobile service usage and customer growth
HELSINKI, Finland — Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that Indonesian operator Indosat has expanded its use of Comptel Convergent Mediation. The communications service provider (CSP) will consolidate the mediation of its entire mobile product portfolio onto Comptel's single, award-winning platform.
The second largest operator in Indonesia, Indosat was looking to rationalise its mediation systems and add capacity to support its expanding customer base. Comptel's high performance mediation product will allow Indosat to easily handle billions of transactions daily and will scale effortlessly as the mobile operator's business grows.
In addition, with Comptel Convergent Mediation, Indosat will be able to reduce its network complexity and improve its operational efficiencies, achieving significant cost savings over time. Comptel's central, converged platform can shorten time-to-market for new services and, in general, ensure more efficient service usage, leading to better customer satisfaction.
• Indosat is the second largest CSP in Indonesia; it offers prepaid and postpaid mobile phone services, fixed voice services, fixed wireless and fixed telephone services to more than 56.5 million customers, as of Q1 2013.
• The operator and Comptel have collaborated for many years to deliver offline mediation for value-added services (VAS). Comptel is again working in conjunction with long-time and local partner Lintas Teknologi to deliver the truly convergent mediation solution to Indosat.
• Comptel Convergent Mediation offers a single, technology-agnostic mediation platform. This same high performance platform currently handles more than one billion transactions daily at more than 20 operator sites across the globe.
• A commercial, off-the-shelf software solution, Comptel Convergent Mediation will seamlessly integrate with Indosat's existing billing and charging systems and other network element interfaces, as well as extend to next-generation environments and services.
• "Comptel has continuously impressed with its desire to build a long-term partnership to compliment the reliability and scalability of its mediation offering," said Budiharto, group head, technology planning service, Indosat. "We look forward to the project delivery and to seeing the benefits from consolidating our mediation assets under Comptel's industry-proven platform."
• "Knowing the performance and reliability of Comptel Convergent Mediation significantly aided Indosat in its OSS consolidation project," said Muhamad Paisol, sales director, Lintas Teknologi. "It was clear that Comptel was the sole vendor that could deliver everything the CSP desired. We are pleased to work with the company again and help the CSP achieve true convergent mediation and all of the business and operational benefits that come along with it."
• "We are very happy to build on our relationship with Indosat and to help ensure the timely processing and delivery of its entire mobile product portfolio," said Mauro Carobene, CMO, Comptel. "Our platform doesn't just offer the performance, reliability and scalability operators require to grow their portfolios and customer bases, but it also integrates seamlessly with our analytics capabilities. This can help deliver the contextual intelligence needed to balance resource-constrained service environments and open up other business opportunities."
• For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company's customer interaction automation solutions including its convergent mediation product.
• Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Twitter and LinkedIn.
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 290 service providers across 86 countries meet over one billion subscribers' communications and infotainment needs. Comptel's solutions are built on an Event – Analysis – Action strategic framework that leverages the company's strengths in collecting and analysing Big Data and turning intelligence into opportunities in real time. Comptel's service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and advanced predictive analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to automate customer interactions and other business decisions, to create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of more than 600 professionals, and net sales were EUR 82.4 million in 2012. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.
Head of Marketing