Henkel Malaysia Recognized with Highest Honors for Productivity
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
One Henkel Way
Rocky Hill, CT, 06067
Press release date: August 15, 2006
Henkel's ongoing efforts to maintain superior levels of productivity and process efficiency have landed the company's Malaysian operations with one of the country's highest honors: the National Productivity Corporation's (NPC) 2006 Productivity Award.
A statutory body under Malaysia's Ministry of International Trade and Industry, NPC evaluates participating companies' productivity effectiveness, improvement initiatives and provides opportunities for organizations to benchmark their performance against other program entrants. The awards program evaluates qualitative and quantitative aspects of productivity performance, with 70 percent of the total score derived from the six quantitative performance ratios of labor productivity, capital productivity, capital intensity, process efficiency, labor cost per employee and unit labor cost. The other 30 percent of the total score is based on qualitative analysis of company productivity improvement initiatives, use of machinery and equipment, product and service development, technical efficiency and productivity management. Each company is evaluated by a team of auditors during a day-long on-site assessment, which also includes very detailed staff interviews.
Out of over 100 entrants, Henkel placed first in the Multinational Corporation category and received the highly-coveted honor during a special ceremony held recently at the Sheraton Subang in Kuala Lumpur. Commenting on Henkel's win of the Productivity Award, Mr. Jason Lee, general manager of Henkel's Ipoh manufacturing site, says, "Participating in the awards process not only allows us to gauge ourselves against other companies, but enables our entire team to work together toward a common goal." Lee goes on to say, "Winning this award is very gratifying because it validates Henkel's long-term commitment to productivity improvement and confirms our efforts to the marketplace at large."
Established in 1982, Henkel's Ipoh, Malaysia facility is a key manufacturing site for the company's world-renowned MulticoreŽ line of solder products, including solder pastes, solder wire, bar solder and flux chemistries.
For more information about the electronics group of Henkel and its line of award-winning assembly and semiconductor packaging materials, log onto www.electronics.henkel.com or call the company's headquarters at 949-789-2500.
About the electronics group of Henkel
Henkel is one of the world's leading and most progressive providers of qualified, compatible material sets for semiconductor packaging, board level assembly and advanced soldering solutions. Through its Hysol, Loctite and Multicore brands, and its global customer support infrastructure, the electronics group of Henkel delivers world-class materials products, process expertise and total solutions across the board to enable tomorrow's electronics industry.
Henkel, a Fortune Global 500 company, operates in three strategic business areas: Home Care; Personal care; and Adhesives, Sealants and Surface Treatments, which serves the transportation, electronics, aerospace, metal, durable goods, consumer goods, maintenance and repair and packaging industries, and offers a broad range of products for the craftsman and consumer. With brands and technologies, Henkel makes people's lives easier, better, and more beautiful. 50,000 employees work for Henkel worldwide. People in 125 countries around the world trust in brands and technologies from Henkel - "A Brand like a Friend".
Contact Henkel Corporation Doug Dixon Phone: 949-789-2500 Fax: 949-785-2595