Eurocom is First to Add NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M and GTX 470M GPU's its Notebook Lines
(Archive News Story - Products mentioned in this Archive News Story may or may not be available from the manufacturer.)
148 Colonnade Road
Nepean, K2E 7R4
Press release date: September 3, 2010
Eurocom is proud to announce an addition to its already extensive list of multi vendor upgradeable VGA solutions with the introduction of NVIDIA's new GeForce GTX 460M and GTX 470M MXM 3.0b based graphics modules. Eurocom currently supports both NVIDIA GeForce and Quadro as well as ATi Radeon Mobility in its notebooks in single and Dual (SLI or CrossFireX) operation.
The addition of the NVIDIA newest 4xxM family of GeForce GTX 460M and GeForce GTX 470M gives Eurocom customers an even greater choice of GPU's to power their machines with a graphics card to fit every budget and every performance level.
Eurocom will be supporting the GTX 460M and GTX 470M in single and Dual (SLI) configurations which will allow customers to intelligently scale graphics performance. NVIDIA SLI technology delivers up to twice the performance with 2 cards, compared to a single graphics solution.
Like the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480M, the GTX 460M supports PureVideo HD, CUDA, Direct Compute and OpenGL. The GTX 460M uses 1.5 GB GDDR5 graphics memory.
The NVIDIA Geforce GTX 460M will be utilizing 40 nm technology along with all other 400 series NVIDIA GPUs. The GTX 460M will also feature a 192 Bit memory bus for fast transfer rates. The core speed of the GTX 460M will be running at 675 MHz.
Eurocom Mobile Workstations support NVIDIA Quadro and Geforce GPU's along with ATI Radeon Mobility graphics cards.
Eurocom is adding NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M and 470M options to the following models:
1) EUROCOM Panther 2.0 Mobile Workstation supports single and SLI configurations, including GTX 480M, GTX 460M and GTX 470M. Also it supports NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800M and FX 5000M http://www.eurocom.com/products/showroom/specselectnew.cfm?model_id=214
2) EUROCOM X8100 Leopard Mobile Workstation - supports single, SLI and CrossFireX configurations , including single GTX 480M, single or SLI GTX 470M, single or SLI GTX 460M, single or CrossFireX HD5870, single Quadro FX 3800M and FX 5000M http://www.eurocom.com/products/showroom/specselectnew.cfm?model_id=212
3) EUROCOM W800CU Cheetah 2.0 - supports single VGA operation with maximum TDP of 100W; NVIDIA: GTX 480M, GTX 470M, GTX 460M; Quadro FX 3800M, Quadro FX 5000M and ATi Radeon Mobility HD5870 http://www.eurocom.com/products/showroom/specselectnew.cfm?model_id=208
4) EUROCOM W860CU Cougar - supports NVIDIA GTX 460M, GTX 470M, Quadro FX 2800; ATi Radeon Mobility HD5870; up to 75W TDP per card http://www.eurocom.com/products/showroom/specselectnew.cfm?model_id=210
5) EUROCOM D900F Panther - supports NVIDIA GTX 480M, GTX 470M, GTX 460M, Quadro FX 2800M, FX 3800M, FX 5000M and ATi Radeon Mobility HD5870 http://www.eurocom.com/products/showroom/specselectnew.cfm?model_id=202
Eurocom is the world's leading developer of desktop replacement and mobile workstation technology. Eurocom began with the goal of creating the most advanced computer systems and using advanced engineering techniques typically unseen in the computer industry. The company has produced many firsts and continues to engineer well-balanced machines that inspire and enable individuals to reach great possibilities. Eurocom is also a developer of modular VGA solutions. For more information on Eurocom or to customize a machine, visit www.eurocom.com.