Emulex Gen 5 Fibre Channel HBAs Qualified by Fusion-io for High Performance Connectivity with ION Data Accelerator Solutions
3535 Harbor Blvd., P.O. Box 6725
Costa Mesa, CA, 92626
Press release date: September 23, 2013
Maximum Performance and T10 PI Offload Meet the Bandwidth, Latency and Data Integrity Needs of Demanding Enterprise Workloads
SAN FRANCISCO and COSTA MESA, Calif. – Oracle OpenWorld - Emulex Corporation (NYSE:ELX), a leader in network connectivity, monitoring and management, today announced that Emulex LightPulse® Gen 5 Fibre Channel (16GFC) Host Bus Adapters (HBAs) are qualified for use in Fusion-io ION Data Accelerator storage products. Emulex LightPulse Gen 5 FC HBAs were also integrated in the solution showcased today at Oracle OpenWorld.
Emulex LightPulse Gen 5 FC HBAs, when leveraged in target mode with T10 Protection Information (PI), enable the highest level of performance available today for backend storage connectivity. The ION Data Accelerator delivers powerful shared storage performance for enterprise applications and clusters using industry standard server platforms and Fusion ioMemory. As part of the Fusion-io solution, Emulex Gen 5 HBAs enable customers with unparalleled application acceleration and storage quality of service (QoS). In addition, Emulex and Fusion-io deliver end-to-end T10 PI support for Oracle Database and other applications.
"Flash-powered shared storage offers incredible application acceleration, but it requires I/O connectivity solutions that can keep up with intensive throughput, low latency and high bandwidth requirements," said Shaun Walsh, senior vice president of marketing and corporate development, Emulex. "The combination of the Fusion-io ION Data Accelerator and Emulex LightPulse Gen 5 FC HBAs, with exclusive T10 PI offload capabilities, provide customers with the performance and reliability they need to support the most demanding workloads and ensure the availability and integrity of data through its lifecycle."
Emulex LightPulse Gen 5 FC HBAs support a range of features for both server initiator and storage target modes:
- Extreme performance: Emulex Gen 5 FC technology is the industry's fastest, with more than 1.2 million I/O operations per second (IOPS) on a single port¹, which is seven times faster than current HBAs being offered by Emulex's nearest competitor². Emulex field-proven Gen 5 FC technology is an ideal complement for Fusion-io ION Data Accelerator solutions, which are designed to meet the growing performance needs for today's applications by increasing response time, lowering latency and reducing bottlenecks.
- Advanced data protection with high performance offload: Emulex Gen 5 FC technology supports the T10 PI standard, providing enhanced data protection against silent data corruption as data traverses the network from the operating system (OS) all the way to shared storage. In addition, Emulex is the exclusive provider of high performance, hardware offload of data integrity checks for the Fusion-io ION Data Accelerator.
- Increased I/O Bandwidth with PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 Support: Emulex Gen 5 technology supports PCIe 3.0, which provides a faster I/O bus, more PCIe lanes and increased I/O bandwidth, enabling Emulex Gen 5 FC technology to provide optimal performance for applications, such as virtualization and database management systems, by matching the performance capabilities of server platforms based on the new Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 V2 product family.
"Leading enterprises around the world are adopting Fusion-io ION Data Accelerator to deliver performance and reliability for their Oracle applications," said Afshin Daghi, Fusion-io Vice President of Systems Engineering. "With Emulex HBAs, ION Data Accelerator customers can ensure their architecture is ready to scale performance according to application needs to keep up with evolving business demands."
Emulex LightPulse Gen 5 FC HBAs are qualified and fully interoperable with the new 16GFC Fusion-io ION Data Accelerator solution. To see a demonstration of the solution this week at Oracle OpenWorld, visit the Fusion-io booth #1127.
1. Demartek Emulex LPe16000B 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA Evaluation, October 2012
2. Demartek Emulex LPe16000B 16 Gb Fibre Channel HBA Feature Comparison, December 2012
Tweet this: #oow13 news: Emulex Gen 5 FC HBAs Qualified by @Fusionio for ION Data Accelerator: http://ow.ly/oZIeR
Follow Emulex on Twitter.
Emulex, a leader in network connectivity, monitoring and management, provides hardware and software solutions for global networks that support enterprise, cloud, government and telecommunications. Emulex's products enable unrivaled end-to-end application visibility, optimization and acceleration. The Company's I/O connectivity offerings, including its line of ultra high-performance Ethernet and Fibre Channel-based connectivity products, have been designed into server and storage solutions from leading OEMs, including Cisco, Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, Huawei, IBM, NetApp and Oracle, and can be found in the data centers of nearly all of the Fortune 1000. Emulex's monitoring and management solutions, including its portfolio of network visibility and recording products, provide organizations with complete network performance management at speeds up to 100Gb Ethernet. Emulex is headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., and has offices and research facilities in North America, Asia and Europe. For more information about Emulex (NYSE:ELX) please visit http://www.Emulex.com.
All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Director, Corporate Communications
+ 1 714-885-3828
Jolene (Bonina) Peixoto
Senior Manager, Public Relations and Social Media
Web Site: http://www.emulex.com