ASUSTOR Launches ADM 2.1 Beta Program
3F, No.136, Daye Road
Taipei City, Taiwan
Press release date: January 16, 2014
ASUSTOR releases ADM 2.1 Beta Program featuring all new MyArchive storage technology, thumbnail previews and the My Computer function for File Explorer, added Bluetooth support, multiple new NAS Apps and the music streaming AiMusic mobile app. All users are welcome to download and experience the beta for themselves.
Taipei, Taiwan – ASUSTOR Inc., a leading innovator and provider of network storage solutions, has announced the release of the ASUSTOR Data Master (ADM) 2.1 Beta Program for all of its NAS devices (2, 3, and 6 Series). All ASUSTOR users are welcome to download the beta firmware from the official ASUSTOR website and experience all the brand new features firsthand.
The ADM 2.1 Beta Version expands the core functionality of the system and includes newly expanded support for Bluetooth devices along with MyArchive, an exclusive new storage technology developed by ASUSTOR. Furthermore, a number of in-house developed Apps have been added to ASUSTOR's App lineup that are sure to please both business and home users alike.
Additional information on the new features in the ADM 2.1 Beta Version is as follows:
New Core Features
• File Explorer: File now provides users with thumbnail previews of files, drag and drop file transfers from computer to NAS, high-speed file transfers of large files through their web browser, and the My Computer feature which allows users to seamlessly transfer files between their computer and NAS from within File Explorer.
• MyArchive: The revolutionary MyArchive feature allows users to use hard disks as removable storage archives. Users can simply plug in an archive when they need it and swap it out for a different one when they don't. MyArchive truly provides “plug and play” convenience as users are free to swap between different data collections and even share terabytes of media archives with friends. Furthermore MyArchive allows users to save power as the archives that are not in use can be taken out for storage and do not have to be always powered on.
• Bluetooth Support: ADM now features support for Bluetooth devices including speakers, keyboards and mice. Users will be able to stream music from the NAS to their Bluetooth speakers using SoundsGood, while keyboards and mice will bring added convenience to the ASUSTOR Portal experience.
New Apps from App Central
• Takeasy: Takeasy allows users to conveniently download online videos and playlists from sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, YouKu, Tudou and more. Users have the option of selecting the type of video file and video quality that they want. Furthermore, Takeasy features online playback which allows users to instantly play any downloaded videos.
• VPN Server: ASUSTOR's VPN Server App allows an ASUSTOR NAS to act as either a VPN server or client, allowing users to quickly establish secure connections. VPN Server supports commonly used PPTP and OpenVPN protocols, gives users the ability to instantly view and disconnect connections when acting as a VPN server, and supports the ability to disconnect and automatically connect upon system startup when acting as a VPN client.
• Antivirus: ASUSTOR's antivirus App stops malware from infecting the NAS, user accounts and other external devices. It effectively protects critical data on the NAS and prevents malware from spreading by providing automatic virus definition updates and quarantining of infected files.
New Mobile App
• AiMusic: Available for both iOS and Android, AiMusic integrates with ASUSTOR's SoundsGood App to allow users to stream music from their NAS to their mobile device, letting them enjoy their entire music collection while on the go. AiMusic also allows for the creation of different types of playlists and also allows for the downloading of songs to the mobile device for offline listening.
New Chrome/FireFox Add-on
• Download Helper: Download Helper is an add-on for Google Chrome and FireFox that allows users to right click on any download link and then instruct their NAS to download the file for them. Download Helper also provides a simple management interface, allowing users to quickly view the status and execute simple management tasks on all their downloads.
For more information about the ADM 2.1 Beta Program, please visit: http://www.asustor.com/betaProgram
Founded in 2011, ASUSTOR Inc., a subsidiary of ASUSTeK Computer Inc., is a leading innovator and provider of private cloud storage (network attached storage) and video surveillance (network video recorder) solutions. ASUSTOR is devoted to providing the world with unparalleled user experiences and the most complete set of network storage solutions possible.
Press Contact: email@example.com
© 2013 ASUSTOR Inc. ASUSTOR and all other ASUSTOR product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of ASUSTOR Inc. All other product and company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
| Featured Manufacturing Jobs