3D Systems Prints Dental Implant Drill Guides
3D Systems, Inc
333 Three D Systems Circle
Rock Hill, SC, 29730
Press release date: February 24, 2014
• ProJetŪ 3510 MP and VisiJetŪ Stoneplast Materials Released for Implant Drill Guide Production
• Dental Printer Fully Compatible With All Leading Digital Workflows for Automated Manufacturing
ROCK HILL, S.C. – 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) today announced its ProJetŪ 3510 MP 3D printer and proprietary VisiJetŪ Stoneplast dental materials have been optimized for dental "drill guide" production. The ProJet 3510 MP uses 3DS' Stoneplast dental material that is available in both clear or plaster mode, and is compatible with all leading dental software modules capable of outputting the open .stl file format for automated local or distributed manufacturing. 3DS' wide range of digital dental solutions along with integrated dental drill guide 3D printing solutions were on display at the LMT Lab Day event at the Sheraton Chicago from February 21-22, 2014.
"Transitioning to digital workflows with 3D printing compatibility has brought a high-impact solution to the dental field. The ProJet 3510 MP and Stoneplast materials easily integrate with leading software modules enabling an integrated drill guide manufacturing solution," said Cathy Lewis, Chief Marketing Officer, 3DS.
For complete product information on the ProJet 3510 MP dental printers visit www.3DSystems.com.
About 3D Systems Corporation
3D Systems is a leading provider of 3D printing centric design-to-manufacturing solutions including 3D printers, print materials and cloud sourced on-demand custom parts for professionals and consumers alike in materials including plastics, metals, ceramics and edibles. The company also provides integrated 3D scan-based design, freeform modeling and inspection tools. Its products and services replace and complement traditional methods and reduce the time and cost of designing new products by printing real parts directly from digital input. These solutions are used to rapidly design, create, communicate, prototype or produce real parts, empowering customers to manufacture the future.
Leadership Through Innovation and Technology
• 3DS invented 3D printing with its Stereolithography (SLA) printer and was the first to commercialize it in 1989.
• 3DS invented Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) printing and was the first to commercialize it in 1992.
• 3DS invented the Color-Jet-Printing (CJP) class of 3D printers and was the first to commercialize 3D powder-based systems in 1994.
• 3DS invented Multi-Jet-Printing (MJP) printers and was the first to commercialize it in 1996.
Today its comprehensive range of 3D printers is the industry's benchmark for production-grade manufacturing in aerospace, automotive, patient specific medical device and a variety of consumer, electronic and fashion accessories.
More information on the company is available at www.3DSystems.com.