Boosts 3G Data Rates, Coverage at Lower Cost
LONDON– Small Cells World Summit
• Accelerates deployment of ZTE small cell end-to-end support for growing residential mobile data traffic
• Achieves HSPA+ data rates and voice coverage while lowering small cell power consumption, size and cost
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced that ZTE, a global provider of telecommunications equipment, network solutions and mobile devices, has selected Broadcom's small cell baseband processor family to integrate into its 3G small cell residential access points. Broadcom's small cell baseband processors provide a high performance, low-power offering that will accelerate the deployment of ZTE's small cell end-to-end solution. For more news, visit Broadcom's Newsroom.
"Combining ZTE's end-to-end solutions with Broadcom's advanced 3G small cell SoC capabilities allows ZTE to offer attractive solutions that improve indoor coverage along with hot-spots to offload macro network data traffic," said Wen Wanqiang, ZTE 3G Picocell Product Line Manager. "By offering small cell solutions, ZTE will provide carriers with a cost-effective tool to comply with the growing data demand in the network."
"By integrating Broadcom's small cell baseband technology into their new access points, ZTE has significantly shortened their time-to-market," said Greg Fischer, Broadcom Vice President and General Manager for Broadband Carrier Access. "This enables ZTE to provide better quality of service with fewer installation costs by optimizing 3G network total spectrum capacity and limiting interference between the 3G macro network and the high volume of 3G residential small cells."
As mobile operators struggle to keep pace with the growing data demands of residential customers, small cell networks provide a way to help move data off of wireless networks.
Broadcom is able to help ZTE speed up small cell deployment by integrating its BCM616xx Series into the ZTE ZXSDR BS8001 U2100Access Point. This integration shortens a mobile operator's small cell network deployment time and reduces integration and installation costs. The ZTE solution includes small AP, small cell access gateway and security server, and a small cell management system.
Key Features of BCM616xx Series and ZXSDR BS8001 U2100 Access Point
• Supports a large number of WCDMA users with HSPA+ data rate performance of downlink 21 Mbps and uplink 5.7 Mbps work simultaneously
• TPM-compatible secured platform
• Optimized L1 performance along with L2 data path acceleration
• Industry's lowest power modem design reducing bill of materials, form factor, power provisioning and thermal design requirements
• Embedded self-organizing network (SON) technology supported by simultaneous multi-standard sniffing capability to reduce operator costs, upgrade site performance and enhance overall mobile network capacity
• Expandability with Broadcom's 802.11n and 802.11ac Wi-Fi radios and DSL, PON, Ethernet, or microwave backhaul solutions
Broadcom's BCM616xx Series is currently in mass production.
For ongoing Broadcom news visit our Newsroom, read our B-Connected Blog, or visit us on Facebook or Twitter. And to stay connected, subscribe to our RSS Feed.
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500(®) company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom(®) products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything(®). For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Broadband
Web Site: http://www.broadcom.com