Press Release Summary:
- Offers a recovery temperature of 215 °C (419 °F) and working temperature of 150°C (302°F)
- Requires less heat for shrinkage and protects components that cannot tolerate high temperatures
- Features two layers with FEP outer layer and an EFEP inner layer
Original Press Release:
New From Zeus – Low Temperature Dual-Shrink™ Heat Shrink
Better Encapsulation for Sensitive Electronics
Our new Low Temperature Dual-Shrink™ (LTDS) is a bilayer heat shrink using an FEP outer layer and an EFEP inner layer. When placed over components and heated, the inner EFEP layer melts and surrounds the component while the FEP outer layer shrinks and encapsulates the covered parts. Compared to existing solutions, this new product requires less heat for shrinkage, protecting components that cannot tolerate high temperatures.
Our new LTDS provides:
• Recovery Temperature of 215 °C (419 °F)
• Moisture-proof Encapsulation
• Excellent Chemical Resistance
This unique low temperature bilayer heat shrink offers a lower recovery temperature than PTFE/FEP Dual-Shrink™ and a working temperature of at least 150 °C (302 °F). See LTDS debut at Photonics West 2019, February 5-7, in the Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA.