Press Release Summary:
IntelliStationÂ® A Pro is designed with AMD Opteron, SMP-capable processors that enable simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing. Scalable unit enables creation of digital content with realism through detail, textures, lighting, and smooth movement. Features include up to 16 GB of PC3200 CL3 DDR ECC SDRAM RDIMM, Dual Ultra320 SCSI and SATA HDD subsystems, and choice of S.M.A.R.T. HDDs. Unit also has 530 W, auto ranging power supply and dual-head-capable graphics.
Original Press Release:
New IBM IntelliStation A Pro Models Deliver 64-bit Processing Power Using AMD Opteron, SMP-Capable Processors for Outstanding Performance
At a glance
The new highly scalable IntelliStation A Pro models deliver price-performance, with the latest technologies, graphics, and outstanding service and support.
· AMD Opteron single or SMP-capable processor Models 244, 246, and 248
· Supports up to 16 GB1 of PC3200 ECC DDR SDRAM RDIMM memory2
- NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 for performance 3D
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 1100 for advanced 3D
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 3000 for extreme 3D
- Integrated SATA support
- Integrated Ultra320 support
- High-performance 10,000 rpm Ultra320 SCSI or 7,200 rpm SATA HDDs with S.M.A.R.T.
· Choice of optical devices:
- CD-RW/DVD-ROM combination
- Optional multiburner
· Gigabit Ethernet, 1394A, storage interfaces (U320 SCSI, SATA, IDE), and audio are standard on all models
· Rack-mountable tower system with six slots, six bays, up to five fans, and 530-watt power supply with power factor correction (PFC)
· Microsoft(TM) Windows(TM) XP Professional
· Red Hat(TM) Enterprise Linux WS 3 (AMD64) (models 37x, 38x, and 39x)
· System hardware limited warranty3 - On-site4 three years, parts and labor
Position yourself for the future of 64-bit computing. The IntelliStation® A Pro is designed with AMD Opteron processors that enable simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing without sacrificing performance. The AMD Opteron processor lets you protect your investment in your current 32-bit applications, while allowing you to migrate to 64-bit applications. This gives you a simplified migration path to position you for the future of 64-bit computing.
Take advantage of the multitasking, multithreaded application power of the latest IntelliStation A Pro models. New technologies, and an outstanding system design help you achieve the next level of creativity and reduce project turnaround times. These highly scalable A Pro systems deliver the price/performance that is ideal for high-performance computing segments including petroleum/chemical, life sciences, and scientific segments. They provide the freedom to create in the digital content creation and engineering segments. They allow added realism through more detail, textures or lighting, and smooth movement, as well as reducing compositing and rendering time.
· SMP-capable AMD Opteron processor Models 244, 246, and 248 with 1 MB L2 cache
· Up to 16 GB of PC3200 CL3 double data rate (DDR) ECC SDRAM RDIMM
· Dual Ultra320 SCSI and SATA HDD subsystems
· Choice of S.M.A.R.T. HDDs:
- 36.4 GB5 10,000 rpm Ultra320 SCSI
- 80 GB 7,200 rpm SATA
· 530-watt, auto ranging power supply
Your choice of dual-head-capable graphics:
· NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280
· NVIDIA Quadro FX 1100
· NVIDIA Quadro FX 3000
The highly reliable IntelliStation A Pro systems feature a three-year limited warranty on parts and on-site labor. In the United States and Canada, call IBM at 800-IBM-SERV (426-7378). Telephone support may be subject to additional charges.
Planned availability date
May 28, 2004
1 Maximum physical memory is 16 GB in dual processor systems and 8 GB in single processor systems.
2 Memory in all models is PC3200 ECC DDR SDRAM RDIMM.
3 For information on the IBM Statement of Limited Warranty, call 800-IBM-SERV (426-7378) or contact your IBM representative or reseller. Copies are available upon request.
4 You may be asked certain diagnostic questions before a technician is sent.
5 GB equals 1,000,000,000 bytes when referring to HDD capacity; accessible capacity may be less.