Press Release Summary:
ActiveBatchÂ® v8 features operations view that lets users visually organize and review jobs based on status, and includes filters and search criteria for sorting. Integrated jobs library offers support for direct invocation of Java objects, as well as for Java Messaging Services and Powershell scripts with object passing from one job step to another. This reduces complexity of operations and streamlines workflows. Execution of commands on remote systems is also supported.
Original Press Release:
ASCI's ActiveBatch® V8 Now Available, Simplifying Workflow Integration of Applications, Technologies, and Databases for Improved Productivity and Reliability
Leading Workload Automation and Job Scheduling Application Also Features New Operations View, Enabling Users to Visually Organize and Review Jobs in a Dynamic Environment
MORRISTOWN, N.J. - Advanced Systems Concepts, Inc. (ASCI), maker of ActiveBatch® Workload Automation and Job Scheduling Software and other solutions that enhance Windows(TM), Linux, UNIX, z/OS, OpenVMS and many other platforms, today announced the immediate availability of ActiveBatch V8, the latest version of the company's flagship offering. Updated with the continuing goal of keeping ActiveBatch the easiest to use, yet most comprehensive job scheduling application on the market today, Version 8 introduces a number of improvements ranging from a simpler, more powerful Operations View to multiple enhancements, to its Integrated Jobs Library that minimize and/or eliminate scripting altogether.
Among the Jobs Library enhancements that remove complexity, improve service levels and reduce the cost of operations are the following:
- Greatly improved and integrated support for Java (J2EEE). While ActiveBatch has always supported the execution of Java applets, V8 now supports the direct invocation of Java objects and methods as part of our Jobs Library framework, meaning no Java wrapper is required to invoke Java methods as part of a workflow.
- Integrated JMS and JMX support. Built-in JMS (Java Messaging Services) Job Steps allow for sending/receiving JMS messages; a new trigger event, JMS Receive, can be used to trigger workflows and pass information received from a JMS message. JMX (Java Management Extension) is supported with both Job Step and Event Triggers. JMS and JMX are provided as part of ActiveBatch and do not require separate licensing.
- New Informatica PowerCenter and Netezza Job Steps. The Informatica Job Steps now support tighter cross-platform integration through the use of Informatica's Workflow Web Services facility. With V8, Netezza support is enhanced to include integrated support for NZ-PLSQL, NZload and NZ backup.
- Object level integrated support for Powershell. ActiveBatch V8 provides improved integration and execution of Powershell scripts by offering object passing from one job step to another. In addition, V8 supports both implicit and explicit remoting for agentless execution of Powershell scripts within a workflow.
- Support for Microsoft System Center suite of products including Virtual Machine Manager and Service Manager in addition to the existing support for Operations Manager. New Job Steps allow you to create and otherwise maintain an incident that is registered with the Service Manager; for Virtual Machine Manager you can improve resource utilization by provisioning -Hyper-V, VMware and other virtual machine systems within workflows.
Other Jobs Library additions support tasks involving SSL Certificate management, OpenPGP and Secure Shell (SSH) job steps. OpenPGP support makes it easier to encrypt and decrypt tasks that use open-source OpenPGP technology, while SSH Command support provides another agentless approach to the execution of commands on remote systems.
GUI, Line of Business Improvements
The new Operations View in V8 allows users to visually organize and review jobs dynamically based on their status (recent Past, Present and immediate Future). The new view, which includes filters and search criteria, is perfect for large scale job processing operations. An Alerts/Notification View also lets operators observe as well as interact with alert-able audits; alerts that do not require a response are listed in the Notification pane, while with the new "ActiveBatch Event Request" action, alerts can be placed so that a specific operator can take ownership of the issue and manage it through to completion.
Also important is ActiveBatch V8's support of Microsoft WCF Line Of Business (LOB) adapters that can invoke Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle Stored Procedures or Functions, Microsoft .NET or COM Assemblies that can directly invoke any method without the need for scripting.
"Job Schedulers continue to move to the center of enterprise IT operations, to improve the service levels and integration of workflows involving the 'hidden' management applications and as highly visible drivers of customer-facing services. Advanced Systems Concepts is determined to help IT specialists simplify their job scheduling duties--which is the impetus behind ActiveBatch V8," said Jim Manias, Vice President of Marketing and Sales for Advanced Systems Concepts. "V8 is a major step forward in simplifying, creating and maintaining complex IT processes. Actually, through its range of powerful job steps, cross-platform support, and useful management features, it reduces complexity by eliminating scripting and introducing integrated context helpers that simplifying a huge number of tasks."
ActiveBatch Version 8 is now available for licensing, as well as by automatic upgrade for companies participating in ASCI's ActiveBatch Version Upgrade program. For a full description of new ActiveBatch V8 features, go to www.advsyscon.com/products/activebatch/job_scheduling.asp or log on to www.advsyscon.com.
About Advanced Systems Concepts, Inc.:
Headquartered in Morristown, New Jersey, Advanced Systems Concepts, Inc. offers many software products and options for users of Windows, UNIX, Linux, HP OpenVMS and NSK systems as well as IBM z/OS, AIX, i5OS and SCO UNIX. These products provide answers to software developers and system managers with improved system efficiency and utilization. Advanced Systems Concepts has a worldwide base of customers in over 40 countries around the world. Advanced Systems Concepts is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and a member of the Microsoft System Center Alliance. It is also an SAP software solution partner, an Informatica Partner, a Netezza Technology Partner, an Oracle Gold Partner, an HP Business Partner, an IBM Business Partner, a member of the VMware TAP program, an HP-UX Power Partner, and is certified Red Hat Ready. For more information, see the company's website at www.advsyscon.com or call (800) 229-2724 or 1-973-539 2660.
Copyright © 2011 Advanced Systems Concepts, Inc. ActiveBatch is a registered trademark of Advanced Systems Concepts, Inc. Other company and/or product names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective firms.
Advanced Systems Concepts, Inc.
CONTACT: Jim Manias of Advanced Systems Concepts, Inc., +1-973-539-2660, Ext. 121, email@example.com
Web Site: www.advsyscon.com/