Press Release Summary:
Available in both 4-color and 6-color versions, ColorPainter W-64 and W-54 feature on-demand piezo print heads that enable printing speed up to 17.8 mÂ²/hr and max imaging resolution of 900 x 900 dpi. Dynamic Dot Printing Technology jets 3 different drop sizes per print pass, while Smart Nozzle Mapping function allows operator to re-map print head nozzles in event of clog without speed or quality loss. Printers utilize IX ink, which is low-odor and HAPS-free.
Original Press Release:
New Wide-Format Printer Series Designed for Signage and Digital Printing Applications from Seiko I Infotech
TOKYO, -- Seiko I Infotech Inc. (SIIT) announced on April 27 that it will add the new "ColorPainter W series" wide-format mild-solvent inkjet printers to its ColorPainter product line.
The "ColorPainter W" series is provided in two sizes, the "W-64s" 64 inches wide and the "W-54s" 54 inches wide. There are also two color configurations for both sizes, the 4-color type for lower running cost and 6-color type for better image quality. The combination of 6 new high-speed print heads, two types of ink and several new innovative printing functions increases printer performance and widens the printer's application range for the signage and digital printing market.
The "ColorPainter W-64s" and the "ColorPainter W-54s" will be sold through SIIT channel partners worldwide. The W-64s will be debuted at the ISA 2011 show in Las Vegas, the USA, from April 28 to 30, 2011, and followed by FESPA in Hamburg, Germany, from May 24 to 27. The W-64s is scheduled to start shipping worldwide at the end of April 2011.
1. New high-speed on-demand piezo print heads make possible excellent color density at high printing speed up to 17.8 sq. m/h*(Note), and a maximum imaging resolution of 900x900 dpi.
2. Dynamic Dot Printing (DDP) Technology to jet 3 different drop sizes per print pass, which enables the printer to print at high speeds without density loss.
3. Smart Nozzle Mapping function allows the operator to re-map print head nozzles in the event of a clogged nozzle without any speed or quality loss.
4. New Smart Pass Technology 3 function offers a more sophisticated interleaving technology to improve print quality to the highest level yet.
5. Revolutionary new "green" IX ink, which is the first low odor, HAPs (Hazardous Air Pollutants) free ink, and re-loadable cartridge holder design for preservation of the environment.
6. EG-Outdoor GX inks give excellent density and outdoor durability.
7. Free "CP_Manager" printer control software enables the operator to see printer's status and to perform print adjustments from a PC.
8. Bundled ONYX RIPCenter for limited regions
*(Note) Printing speed for W-64s
About Seiko Instruments Inc.
About Seiko I Infotech Inc.