Avon Lake, Oh. – Watteredge LLC, has recently added to its long list of custom fabrication capabilities a Flow Water Jet cutting system. Our water jet cutting system uses pressurized water, up to 87,000psi (5998 bar) that can cut through virtually any material with ease, leaving it with clean weldable edges with little to no burrs.
Coupling this new system with our advanced CNC, CAM, and Solidworks 3D modelling applications we are able to maintain tight control over quality to exact specifications or to OEM specifications without the need for drilling or punching. This process can be used for many metals including aluminium, copper, brass, bronze, and stainless steel, as well as composites, rubber and even plastic. The only materials that cannot be cut with this system are tempered glass, diamonds, and certain ceramics.
Waterjet Cutting Tolerances:
• For materials under 1 inch thick our waterjet cutting generally holds tolerances of +/- 0.001in to 0.005in (0.025mm to 0.127mm).
• For materials over 1in thick our waterjet cutting generally holds tolerances of +/- 0.005in to 0.100in (.127mm to 2.54mm).
• Our high performance XY table is designed to have an accuracy of approx. 0.005in linear positional accuracy or better.
• Cutting envelope 13ft x 22ft (3.96m x 6.70m)
Custom Fabrication Advantages with Waterjet Cutting:
• Extremely versatile process
• No heat affected zones
• No mechanical stresses
• Thin stream (0.020 to 0.050 inch in diameter)
• Extremely detailed geometry, producing near finished parts
• Thin material cutting up to 10 inch thick cutting
• Stack cutting
• Omni-directional cutting
• Low material loss due to cutting
• Low cutting forces (under 1lb. while cutting)
• Reduced secondary operations, reduced cost
Contact us today to learn more about how our Waterjet cutting process can save you time and money! email: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel. +440 930 6919
© 2014 Watteredge LLC
567 Miller Road
Avon Lake, Ohio 44012-2304 USA
Toll Free: 800-311-8515