Watertight Expansion Joint withstand chlorinated water.

Press Release Summary:




Suited for use in submersed locations, SUBMERSEAL precompressed expansion joint seal is manufactured to resist degradation while continuously immersed in chlorinated, saline, or potable water environments. Single convex silicone-bellows sealing surface is backed by integral, pressure-resistant, impregnated foam backing. Available in widths from ½-4 in., product provides movement capabilities of ±25% and continuously resists water pressure of various levels without leaking.



Original Press Release:



SUBMERSEAL is EMSEAL's New Watertight Expansion Joint for Chlorinated Pool and Submersed Applications



Precompressed expansion joint seal for continuous immersion in chlorinated, saline, or potable water environments.

MSEAL Joint Systems, Ltd has just released SUBMERSEAL, their newest watertight expansion joint for installation in submersed locations. It is manufactured to resist degradation from contact with chlorinated water at concentrations typically found in swimming pools, fountains, water parks, etc. including normal and intermittent maintenance "shock" concentrations.

Featuring a single convex silicone-bellows sealing surface and backed by an integral, pressure-resisting impregnated foam backing, SUBMERSEAL provides a lasting solution to joint sealing applications where constant exposure to chlorinated water is expected. The system is comprised of precompressed, silicone-and-impregnated-foam hybrid installed into field-applied epoxy adhesive on the joint faces with the silicone bellows locked to the joint faces with a field-applied silicone sealant band and corner bead.

SUBMERSEAL is offered in widths from ½-inch (12mm) to 4-inches (100mm) and provides movement capabilities of +25% and -25% (total 50%).

Performance in submerged applications of EMSEAL's SUBMERSEAL has been tested in a hydrostatic-head pressure simulator to continuously resist water pressure of various levels without leaking. As examples 4-inch SUBMERSEAL remains watertight at a continuous headpressure of 10-feet (3 meters) and 1-inch SUBMERSEAL at 30-feet (10 meters). Consult EMSEAL for your specific application requirements.

SUBMERSEAL is shipping and available for installation now. For more information about EMSEAL's product lines which are constantly expanding to meet new industry applications, please contact EMSEAL at techinfo@emseal.com or call 508-836-0280 or visit the EMSEAL corporate website at www.emseal.com.

Related

All Topics