Press Release Summary:
Water Test Kit consists of five 10 ml test tubes. Unit is equipped with transfer pipette. Product is suitable to detect the amount of biodiesel between 500 PPM and 1500 PPM.
Original Press Release:
New Water Test Kit Finds Hidden Water in Fuel
Just because the fuel is clear and you do not see any water does not mean it is has zero water in it!
Depending on the fuel blend and the amount of biodiesel you may see between 500 PPM and 1500 PPM will be detected. This is a PASS or FAIL test.
Any detection of suspended water is not good if the detection powder turn 100% pink. The fuel FAILS
The kit consists of 5 each 10 ml test tubes with the reaction powder capsule in them and one transfer pipette.
Test Procedure #1
- Remove one of the capsules from a test tube.
- Do not put fuel in on top of the capsule.
- Take fuel samples from as many locations you see fit using the pipette.
- Add fuel to the empty tube FIRST. Approximately 3/4 full.
- Take the capsule and open it and pour the continents (yellow powder) into your test vial with fuel. Put on the lid and shake for 10 seconds.
- DO NOT open capsules until you are ready to test. You will collect moisture from the air and get a false reading.
- Set the tube on the table to allow the mixture to settle and examine the results. 500-1000 ppm water will give you pink spots in the powder. More than 1000 ppm water will turn all the powder hot pink.
Test Procedure #2
- Take a larger sample in a glass jar. Take at least 3 fl oz and not more than 6 fl oz.
- Follow the same process.
- With a larger sample you will see that at 200 ppm you will see a few pink spots starting to show up in the powder.
- At 500 ppm all the powder will take on a pink few and at 600+ ppm the power is now completely pink in color.
For further product information see the Dieselcraft web page at: http://www.dieselcraft.com
Dieselcraft Fluid Engineering
Auburn, CA 95604
530 613 2150
East Coast Office
Chatham, NJ 07028