Press Release Summary:
Npower 1+1 Redundant is a 3-phase, double-conversion UPS system with ratings from 30-130 kVA. It features 2 parallel-redundant modules connected without external controls. During normal operation, both modules share load equally. If one module is taken off-line, load is shifted to remaining module with no interruption in power. Module-level static bypass switches provide overload protection and seamless transfer between bypass and online operating modes.
Original Press Release:
Liebert Expands Npower UPS Family with 1+1 Redundant Module
Internal controls reduce the cost and complexity of high-availability UPS configurations
COLUMBUS, Ohio, August 19, 2003 Liebert® Corporation today introduced Npower(TM) 1+1 Redundant, an advanced three-phase UPS system with two parallel-redundant modules connected without external controls.
Liebert Npower is a high-efficiency double-conversion UPS system with ratings from 30 kVA to 130 kVA. With the new redundancy option, Npower can be easily configured in a parallel-redundant system in which two UPS modules are connected to a common distribution network. During normal operation, both modules share the load equally. If a module is taken off-line, the load is shifted to the remaining module with no interruption in power.
Npower 1+1 Redundant's internal controls manage the load sharing between modules, eliminating the need for an external control cabinet. Module-level static bypass switches work in coordination to provide exceptional overload protection and seamless transfer between bypass and online operating modes.
"A parallel-redundant power system can provide four-nines availability by minimizing single points of failure and enabling zero-downtime UPS maintenance," said Kevin Stoll, vice president of marketing at Liebert Corporation. "Npower 1+1 Redundant is a ruggedly engineered and cost-effective solution for high-availability systems."
Npower 1+1 Redundant Features:
- True double-conversion technology provides protection from the full range of power disturbances and ensures consistent power quality.
- Module-level overload performance of 200 percent rated capacity for 10 cycles, 150 percent for one minute and 125 percent for 10 minutes. Full overload capacity of both modules is available to handle momentary overloads.
- Digital ActiveStar® controls provide precise control of output voltage while minimizing battery discharge. Battery performance is enhanced during long discharge periods by increasing low-battery shutdown voltage.
- Load sharing between parallel modules during battery discharge improves battery runtimes by up to 30 percent.
- Module-level, dual-mode internal static switch provides pulsed-parallel or bypass operation, depending upon the situation.
- Ethernet connectivity between modules provides the performance advantages of a wired system without introducing an additional point of failure.
For more information about Liebert Npower systems, visit www.liebert.com or call 1-800-877-9222.
About Liebert Corporation
Liebert is the world leader in systems that protect the availability of computers and other sensitive electronics. Liebert delivers unparalleled protection of critical systems through a complete range of power, environmental and monitoring systems that are tailored to application requirements by a network of local representatives that average better than 16 years of experience in the industry. Liebert Global Services is the world's largest service team dedicated to the maintenance and on-site repair of critical computer support systems. Liebert is a division of Emerson Network Power, one of eight businesses that comprise St Louis-based Emerson, a global technology and engineering company with sales in fiscal 2002 of $13.8 billion. For more information on Liebert, visit www.liebert.com