Press Release Summary:
TracSystem S2D-5000 family of storage systems are offered in S2D-5208i optimized for balanced IOPS and capacity, S2D-5212i for performance and cost, S2D-5224i for optimized for IOPS and performance and S2D-5240i IOPS and density. When used with Intel C620 chipsets, units support Intel Optane™ and Intel 3D NAND solid state drives.
Original Press Release:
DataON™ Launches New TracSystem S2D-5000 Family of Hyper-Converged Solutions for Windows Server 2016, Certified for Windows Server Software-Defined (WSSD)
Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors with Intel C620 Chipsets deliver increased performance, greater memory bandwidth and increased core counts for Windows server software-defined data centers.
DataON, the industry-leading provider of hyper-converged cluster appliances (HCCAs) and optimized storage systems for Windows Server environments, today announces four new hyper-converged solutions for Windows Server 2016 Storage Spaces Direct.
- TracSystem S2D-5208i – A hybrid solution, optimized for balanced IOPS & capacity.
- TracSystem S2D-5212i – A hybrid solution, optimized for performance and cost.
- TracSystem S2D-5224i – An all-NVMe or all-flash solution, optimized for IOPS and performance.
- TracSystem S2D-5240i – A 4-node all-flash solution, optimized for IOPS and density.
These solutions leverage the new Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors Family with Intel C620 Chipsets, which provide a new level of platform convergence and capabilities across compute, storage, memory, network and security.
- Pervasive, breakthrough performance
- Supports more VMs, enabling 4.2x more VMs per server compared to earlier generations
- Higher per-core performance, delivering up to 28 cores
- 50% Greater memory bandwidth and capacity
- Support for Intel Optane™ SSDs and Intel 3D NAND Solid State Drives
The TracSystem S2D-5000 family has achieved Windows Server Software-Defined (WSSD) certification. Based on Storage Spaces Direct technology, the WSSD program provides guidance for a Windows Server software-defined offering. It enables solution vendors to design and validate hardware, and deploy a Windows Server 2016 software-defined infrastructure in a prescriptive manner that follows Microsoft’s requirements and best practices. With WSSD certification, customers should have seamless deployments and steady-state operational experiences with validated hardware.
“With over 600 unique customer deployments and more than 120PB on Windows Server 2016 Storage Spaced Direct certified platforms, DataON is focused on customers who have made the ‘Microsoft choice’ to deploy a Windows Server-based storage solution,” said Howard Lo, vice president of sales and marketing, DataON. “We are excited to expand our S2D family portfolio with WSSD-certified offerings that feature the latest Intel® Xeon® Scalable platform. Customers will benefit greatly from having Microsoft-validated solutions that leverage the greater performance and new capabilities of the new Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor family.”
DATAON TRACSYSTEM – OPTIMIZED SOLUTIONS FOR STORAGE SPACES DIRECT
The DataON TracSystem S2D family is built to optimize the full stack of Storage Spaces Direct, a feature in Windows Server 2016. It delivers industry-leading performance for the most affordable price, providing software-defined, shared-nothing storage. Windows Server 2016 can be used for hyper-converged deployments, where compute and storage are both on the same cluster, simplifying configuration and reducing hardware costs. Storage Spaces Direct can scale to up to 16 servers and over 400 drives, for up to 1 petabyte of storage per cluster. It also unlocks a new class of NVMe solid-state storage devices, for faster performance than SAS SSDs.
- Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors with Intel C620 chipsets and NVMe Express (NVMe) – Leverages the latest technology to deliver incredible performance and responsiveness, with greater VM density.
- Preconfigured 4-node HCCA Clusters – Scalable to up to 16 nodes, to provide expanded capacity and operational flexibility.
- Industry-Leading Application Performance – Provides over 3.2M IOPS performance (running VM Fleet) using the all-flash NVMe SSD technology to scale IOPS-intensive workloads.
- Breakthrough performance and dramatically reduced disk latency – Intel® Optane™ SSDs that are NVMe-based are available for the fast cache tier.
- Hyper-V Virtualization Hosting – Supports more than 40 Hyper-V virtual machines per node, with up to 16 nodes per cluster.
- Storage and Networking with SMB3 over RDMA – Increases CPU efficiency while delivering the lowest network latency and 2x throughput compared to TCP/IP.
- Hyper-Converged Scalability – Delivers incremental compute, networking, and storage resources while providing near-linear scalability. Each HCCA can be expanded via 12GB/s SAS JBODs.
- Automated Out-of-the-box Deployment – Accelerates time to deployment for Windows Server 2016 Storage Spaces Direct and Storage Replica environments.
- Integrated Data Protection and Guarded Fabric – Supports Windows Server 2016 with Shielded VM and TPM 2.0 trusted attestation for security and business continuity.
MANAGED BY MUST
All DataON TracSystem S2D solutions are pre-configured with DataON’s exclusive MUST (Management Utility Software Tool) infrastructure visibility and management software to provide SAN-like storage monitoring features.
Leveraging the Windows Health Service API, MUST can provide visibility at the system level as well as the storage cluster/volume/node levels. Its dashboard view gives you operational visibility of system analytics, infrastructure health, storage system metrics and even logging insights.
With system alerts based on Windows Health Service faults and SAN-lie call home services, MUST can notify system administrators of hardware failures, configuration issues, and resource saturation.
THE DATAON DIFFERENCE
DataON is exclusively focused on customers who have made the “Microsoft choice” to deploy a Windows Server-based software-defined data center. Our team of Microsoft experts know how to design, deploy and support Windows Server storage and performance-tune your workloads, with benchmark testing. DataON solutions are:
- Certified for Windows Server 2012 R, 2016 SDDC, and WSSD.
- Customer-proven with over 600 enterprise deployments and 120PB of DataON and Storage Spaces Direct deployments.
- Optimized by our team of Microsoft experts to ensure successful deployments into your IT environment, tuned to your workloads.
DataON is the industry-leading provider of hyper-converged cluster appliances (HCCAs) and storage systems optimized for Microsoft Windows Server environments. Our solutions are built with the single purpose of rapidly and seamlessly deploying Microsoft applications, virtualization, data protection and hybrid cloud services. Our company is exclusively focused on customers who have made the “Microsoft choice” and we provide the ultimate platform for the Microsoft software-defined data center (SDDC). DataON is a division of Area Electronic Systems, Inc. For more information, go to http://www.dataonstorage.com or call +1 (714) 441-8820.