Press Release Summary:
Offered as single-module solution, PW-82530N0Â precisely regulates current in motor windings of 3-phase brushless DC motors. Torque loop controller provides complementary 4-quadrant operation, accommodating applications requiring precise current regulation/holding torque atÂ zero input command. Capable of operating from -40 to +100Â°C, this product features 7% linearity, 3% current regulating accuracy, and 10 A output current.
Original Press Release:
High Performance 3-Phase DC Motor Torque Controller!
Bohemia, New York – Data Device Corporation (DDC) introduces a new 3-Phase DC motor torque controller. The PW-82530N0 is a high performance and low cost torque loop controller designed to precisely regulate the current in the motor windings of 3-phase brushless DC motors. The controller provides complementary four-quadrant operation making it ideal for applications requiring precise current regulation and/or holding torque at zero input command.
• Single-Module Solution More Efficient than In-House and Multi-Component Designs
- Self-Contained 3-Phase Motor Controller
- Programmability Allows Common Design to be Used Across Multiple Application Platforms
- Fewer Components = Better MTBF Rating and Higher Reliability
• Complementary Four-Quadrant Drive Offers Performance Advantages Over Standard Drives
- Holding Torque Through Zero Current
- Linear Current Control Through Zero
- No Deadband at Zero
• Zero Current Holding Torque Control Enables High Accuracy Positioning and Control for Critical Applications
- 7% Linearity
- 3% Current Regulating Accuracy
• 10 Amp Output Current
• -40°C to +100°C Operation
“Complementary four-quadrant drive capability enables the PW-82530N0 to offer highly linear current control and superior holding torque, especially during a zero current command, affording it significant advantages over standard motor controllers, in a low cost package”, stated Steve Rood Goldman, DDC’s Marketing Manager.
Data Device Corporation (DDC) is the world leader in the design and manufacture of high-reliability data bus, motion control, and solid-state power controller products for aerospace, defense, and industrial automation applications. For nearly 50 years, DDC has continuously advanced the state of high-reliability data communications and control technology for MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 429, AFDX®, Synchro/Resolver interface, and Solid-State Power Controllers with innovations that have minimized component size and weight while increasing performance. DDC headquarters, design and manufacturing operations are located in Bohemia, NY. Visit www.ddc-web.com.