Press Release Summary:
Offering three onboard gas selection menus, Model FT4A Thermal Mass Flow Meter is embedded with FT4A View™ software for configuring, graphing and logs. Featuring standard USB port, unit is suitable for monitoring pure gases, mixed gases, and complex flare gas compositions applications. Equipped with non-cantilevered DDC-Sensor™, product comes with pulse output and RS485 Modbus RTU second output options.
Original Press Release:
Fox Thermal Instruments Launches New Product
Fox Thermal Instruments announced today the launch of their new product: the Fox Model FT4A Thermal Mass Flow Meter ideal for serving the Oil & Gas, Wastewater, and Industrial Process applications.
Fox Thermal Instruments has expanded its product line with the addition of the FT4A Thermal Mass Flow Meter. The FT4A is a high-end flow meter, and it features a robust design. Among its advanced features are:
- 2nd generation non- cantilevered DDC-Sensor™ - Advanced Direct Digitally Controlled sensor technology
- Expanded Gas-SelectX® Menus – 3 onboard gas selection menus
- CAL-V™ - In Situ Calibration Validation Routine • RS485 Modbus RTU or HART - Optional Communication Protocols
- Standard USB Port – Gain Direct Meter-to-PC Connections
- FT4A View™ - Software for configuring, graphing, and Logs
The FT4A was designed to be used in Oil & Gas, Industrial, and Wastewater applications. It is ideal for applications monitoring pure gases, mixed gases, and even complex flare gas compositions. Gas-SelectX provides an expanded selection of gases from 3 menus:
- Pure Gas Menu: 11 common gases available
- Mixed Gas Menu: 10 common gases available to mix in 0.1% increments
- O&G Gas Menu: C1 – C9+, Nitrogen, and CO2 gases available to mix in 0.1% increments
The FT4A is equipped with the 2nd generation of DDC-Sensor that eliminates the sensor element vibration which can lead to metal fatigue and failure. Its unique design provides a technology platform for calculating accurate gas correlations for the Gas-SelectX feature.
The FT4A’s CAL-V feature allows users to confirm that the meter is functioning properly and accurately - with just a simple push of a button.
Other FT4A features:
- One standard 4-20mA output for flow or temperature
- A second output selectable for either:
- Pulse output (pulses per unit/units per pulse)
- RS485 Modbus RTU
FT4A View™ software allows easy adjustments to the meter configuration, evaluation of alarm conditions, collection of process data, and measurement viewing from your PC or control station. Moreover, this software can be used to initiate CAL-V - and it automatically logs the results of each CAL-V test. If any regulatory submission is required, the software will generate a certificate for easy recordkeeping.
A USB connection port comes standard on the new Model FT4A which allows quick and easy access with a laptop.
ABOUT FOX THERMAL INSTRUMENTS, INC.
Founded in 1994, Fox Thermal Instruments provides a broad range of reliable, accurate and full-featured flow meters to industrial OEMs and end-user customers. The Fox management group has decades of experience in thermal flow design, application and manufacturing techniques. Our outstanding team of mechanical, electronic and software designers have helped shape the thermal mass flow measurement industry and continue to leverage new materials and technologies to improve instrument functionality, accuracy and reliability. More information on Fox Thermal Instruments can be found at https://foxthermalinstruments.com/
Sales & Service Manager
Phone: +1 (831) 384-4300