Press Release Summary:
Using plate electrodes on each end of sample, Resipod Bulk Resistivity (BR) Model evaluates resistance ofÂ concrete cylinder. Unit comes with necessary accessories for carrying out bulk resistivity (BR) test. This fully integrated 4-point Wenner probe uses non-destructive test method and yields results within minutes. Supplied in waterproof housing designed to float, instrument meets AASHTO provisional standard TP95-11 and has measuring range of 0 to ca. 1000 kΩcm.
Original Press Release:
Introducing the Resipod Bulk Resistivity Model
Proceq has enhanced the versatility of the world's most accurate concrete surface resistivity (SR) meter with the introduction of the new Resipod Bulk Resistivity (BR) Model. In this method, the resistance of a concrete cylinder is evaluated by using plate electrodes on each end of the sample. The Resipod Bulk Resistivity Model provides all of the standard Resipod functionality but includes the necessary accessories for carrying out the bulk resistivity (BR) test.
Bulk Resistivity Model
The original Resipod instrument, introduced by Proceq in 2011, is a fully integrated 4-point Wenner probe designed to measure the electrical resistivity of concrete in a completely non-destructive test. It is extremely fast, stable, and the most accurate instrument available. Packaged in a robust waterproof housing, it is designed to operate in a demanding site environment. The Resipod can yield accurate results in minutes for what previously took days, resulting in greatly reduced concrete testing costs for DOTs, concrete producers and contractors. The Resipod is the only known commercial unit of its kind to meet AASHTO provisional standard TP95-11.
For added versatility, an extension cable set is available as an accessory to allow variable probe spacing, or user probes to be attached to suit specific applications.
Unmatched Features and Benefits:
• Highest resolution available for a surface resistivity instrument
• Wide measuring range (0 to ca. 1000 k Ωcm)
• Models available with industry standard 38mm (1.5 inch) probe and 50mm (2 inch) probe when wider spacing is required
• Fast and accurate delivery of measuring results
• The new Bulk Resistivity Model addresses the need for bulk resistivity testing
• USB connection and dedicated PC software – the collected measurement values can be analyzed with the ResipodLink PC tool.
• Waterproof construction, designed to float
• Current flow indication and poor contact indication
• Identification of areas within a structure most susceptible to chloride penetration
• Allowance for the setting of variable probe spacing
Warranty and Service
The Resipod comes with a 24-month warranty on all electronic parts, with an option to purchase extended warranty coverage. The instrument is supplied with a rugged carrying case, test plate, and product documentation.
Proceq provides complete service and technical support through its global network and support facilities in the Americas, Europe, Asia, Middle East and Russia.
For more information, specifications, operating instructions and photos of the Resipod, visit Proceq’s web site at www.proceq.com