Press Release Summary:
Offering 1.6x-335x magnification ranges, Series SZ microscopes provide comfortable viewing and distortion-free images. Model SZX 7 offers 7:1 zoom ratio, while SZ61 TRF has 6.7x:1 zoom and is video/digital camera ready. Models SZ51 and SZ61 have respective zoom ranges of 5:1 and 6.7:1, and compact SZ5160/SZ6160 microscopes have 60Â° viewing angle. All models feature ESD coatings and lead-free glass, LED illuminators, and off-the-workbench fiber and lamp housing.
Original Press Release:
Stereo Microscopes with a Comfortable Lead
Olympus has launched a range of six new stereo microscope models representing the cutting edge in three-dimensional optical imaging.
The new SZ series microscopes provide customers with comfortable viewing and distortion-free images of exceptional clarity.
Comfort is often perceived as simply the ergonomic arrangement of levers and controls, however, 'comfort' in an optical sense is perhaps the most important concern to the user who demands imaging excellence during prolonged viewing, often a pre-requisite in a manufacturing environment. The elimination of eye strain and ease of viewing have therefore been cornerstones of the new SZ ranges design philosophy.
· Excellent magnification ranges of 1.6x to 335x have been achieved by exploiting the most recent technological advancements resulting in - an exceptional performance in this market segment.
· SZX 7 offers the largest 7:1 zoom ratio in it's class, extending the magnification range available to the user without the need to change a lens.
· SZ61 TRF with a zoom range of 6.7x :1 is video/digital camera ready. The built in c-mount is optically matched to the zoom body and guarantees parfocal, sharp with a camera is attached. In addition, a simple adapter makes attachment of Olympus CAMEDIA cameras an easy, practical and cost efficient means of obtaining digital images, even for the professional user
· SZ51/61 have zoom ranges of 5:1 and 6.7:1 respectively and are affordably priced yet offer the highest resolving power in their price range.
· SZ5160/SZ6160 microscope zoom bodies are ideal for OEM applications due to their 60 degree viewing angle and very compact (objective to eye) design.
· Electro Static Discharge (ESD) coatings and lead free glass is now featured as standard across the range, ensuring safety in use and ecologically friendly manufacturing practices are met.
· A unique and innovative addition to this range are LED illuminators for transmitted and reflected light modes, providing 3000 hours of continuous trouble free operation from both light sources, neatly built into the sleek stand
· New 'off-the-workbench' fiber and lamp housing eliminates clutter in the work area and provides bright, long-life illumination when using fiber optic illumination.
Olympus industrial microscopes are backed by a five year guarantee. For further information about the new Olympus Stereo Microscope range and the rest of their micro-imaging portfolio, please visit the website at www.olympusmicroimaging.com.
Alternatively call: 866-642-4725 (toll free)