Press Release Summary:
Including wireless Bluetooth and USB communications, SR-6500 NIR Spectroradiometer offers operating range of 0-40°C. Measuring 12.4 x 8.7 x 4.4 inches (31.5 x 22.9 x 38.7 cm), unit weighs 11 pounds (4.99 kg). Calibrated to NIST-traceable radiometric calibration standards, device enables 1.5nm, 3.0nm and 3.8nm resolutions @ 700nm, 1500nm and 2100nm respectively. Providing auto dark current shutter, unit is suitable for Microbial diversity research.
Original Press Release:
Full Range Ultra High Resolution Spectroradiometer
The SR-6500 is designed for applications that require superior spectral resolution.
The SPECTRAL EVOLUTION SR-6500 NIR spectroradiometer covers the UV/VIS/NIR range from 350-2500 nanometers. It features ultra high resolution and very stable performance with three high density thermoelectrically cooled photodiode arrays. The SR-6500 is also calibrated to NIST-traceable radiometric calibration standards.
Resolution at FWHM for the SR6500 is:
• 1.5nm @ 700nm
• 3.0nm @ 1500nm
• 3.8nm @ 2100nm
Resolution is achieved using three high density solid state thermoelectrically cooled photodiode arrays:
• 1024 element TE-cooled silicon phtotodiode array detector (VIS-NIR)
• 512 element TE-cooled InGaAs photodiode array detector (SWIR 1)
• 512 element TE-cooled extended InGaAs photodiode array detector (SWIR 2)
The SR-6500 features the following Noise Equivalence Radiance (NER) performance with a 1.5 meter fiber optic:
• 1.0 x 10-9 W/cm2/nm/sr @ 400nm
• 2.8 x 10-9 W/cm2/nm/sr @ 1500nm
• 6.8 x 10-9 W/cm2/nm/sr @ 2100nm
NER is a measure of instrument sensitivity. Other features of the SR-6500 include:
• All fixed optics – no moving parts for rugged reliability
• Auto-exposure, auto dark current shutter
• DARWin SP Data Acquisition software saves all scans as ASCII files for use with other software programs
The SR-6500 includes wireless Bluetooth and USB communications and has an operating range from 0-40°C. Physical parameters include:
• Dimensions: 12.4 x 8.7 x 4.4 inches (31.5 x 22.9 x 38.7 cm)
• Weight: 11 pounds (4.99 kg) What kind of applications will benefit from the higher resolution?
• Mineral identification and analysis where resolution can help to distinguish between minerals with very similar spectra or to unmix and identify minerals in trace amounts.
• Soil studies for the identification of different soil characteristics, clay types, presence or absence of nutrients and moisture.
• Vegetation studies for plant stress/health, over-fertilization, species identification and more.
• Lab applications such as materials identification, etc.
• Solar radiance and irradiance research.
• Microbial diversity research
For more information on the SR-6500, please visit: http://www.spectralevolution.com/spectroradiometer_SR_6500.html
About SPECTRAL EVOLUTION
Established in 2004, SPECTRAL EVOLUTION is a leading manufacturer of laboratory and handheld portable spectrometers, spectroradiometers and spectrophotometers. SPECTRAL EVOLUTION spectrometers are used worldwide for many mission-critical lab and field applications in mining, remote sensing, vegetative studies, ground truthing, environmental and climate studies, developing satellite calibrations, and more, due to their reliable, robust, rugged design and user-friendly one-touch features.
Marketing & Sales
1 Canal Street,
Unit B1 Lawrence,