Press Release Summary:
Signature line includes: OAKFLO(TM) fluids for machine tools and metalworking; OAKFORM(TM) stamping and drawing fluids for metalforming applications; OAKWASH(TM) aqueous cleaners for in-line spray washers, vibratory and deburring systems, and general maintenance cleaners; OAKTEC(TM) corrosion inhibitors, available in solvents, oil, and synthetics; and OAKSPEC(TM) specialty fluids and lubricants.
Original Press Release:
Oak International Announces Advances in Specialty Fluids
STURGIS, MI- Oak International, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Milacron, Inc. (Cincinnati), introduces a new line of specialty fluid products designed to tackle a wide range of metalworking/metalforming challenges.
According to Kevin Tucker, division manager, Oak International, the new Oak Signature products are the result of close, continuous collaboration between Oak and Milacron research centers. "Rather than taking a one-product-fits-all approach," he says, "which is fine for a great many standard applications, our R&D specialists together have developed a line of products, each of which addresses a specific - and often very rigorous - fluid challenge. The result is a technologically advanced, highly customer-focused set of solutions."
The new Oak Signature line addresses metalcutting, metalformnng, cleaning, corrosion inhibition and specialty applications, and includes:
- OAKFLO(TM) fluids which are formulated to address the needs of machine tools and metalworking systems and to offer safer and less-expensive alternatives to straight oil machining and grinding systems. The fluids provide users with proven lubricity, superior cooling, excellent corrosion control, the elimination of rancidity and dermatitis issues and promote efficient, easy part cleaning. Typical applications include milling, drilling, turning, reaming, tapping, broaching, sawing and grinding. Typical materials: cast iron, stainless steel, carbon steel, cast steel, aluminum, bronze, brass, copper and many exotic alloys.
- OAKFORM(TM) stamping and drawing fluids meet or exceed the highest quality standards for a diversity of metalforming applications. In addition to superior lubricity, cooling and corrosion control, these fluids have been shown to provide extreme-pressure lubrication for especially severe stamping and drawing - plus, they've proven to significantly lower manufacturing costs in many metalforming operations.
- OAKWASH(TM) aqueous cleaners are formulated for a wide variety of industrial uses, including in-line spray washers, immersion, vibratory and deburring systems and general maintenance cleaners.
- OAKTEC(TM) multi-purpose corrosion inhibitors address a full line of in-process and long-term storage RP applications. Available in solvent, oil, water soluble and synthetics, these formulations fit virtually every need and application.
- OAKSPEC(TM) specialty fluids, lubricants, allied products and processes meet a diversity of customer-specific requirements from fine blanking to laminate stamping, hydro-forming to tube forming, glass grinding to creep-feed grinding.
"For more than a quarter-century," Tucker says, "Oak International has been providing fluid solutions to the metalworking/metalforming community. Each of our fluid products is laboratory tested to simulate actual field performance and must successfully complete tests for corrosion prevention, lubricity and a variety of post-application operations requirements."
For more information, contact Oak International, Inc., Sturgis, MI 49091; Tel: 616/651-9790. www.oakinternational.biz.
According to Kevin Tucker, division manager, Oak International, the new line of Oak Signature products is the result of close, continuous collaboration between Oak and Milacron research centers. "Rather than taking a one-product-fits all approach," he says, "our R&D specialists together have developed a line of products, each of which addresses a specific - and often very rigorous -fluid challenge. The result is a technologically advanced, highly customer-focused set of solutions."