Press Release Summary:
Model 4MxR solid carbide end mill combines roughing and finishing in one tool. Features include shallow, flat, profile; high helix, multi-flute geometry; corner radius; and center flute cutting. It is designed for maximum metal removal when milling steels, hard steels, titanium and nickel-based alloys, and other hard materials 50-60 Rc.
Original Press Release:
Hanita Introduces The Next Generation Carbide Rougher - Series 4MxR
Hanita introduces the next generation carbide rougher - Series 4MxR
Augusta, GA - June 18, 2001 - Hanita® introduced today its next generation carbide rougher -the series 4MxR, according to Steve Abrams, Kennametal Industrial Products Group director of product management for end mills and carbide rounds. "This new solid carbide rougher combines high performance roughing and high performance finishing in one tool, which dramatically increases productivity and decreases tool changes and overall costs," Abrams said.
4MxR features and benefits include:
* Shallow profile provides increased rigidity and a stronger profile form, resulting in significantly increased tool life (up to 100%) over conventional solid carbide roughers.
* Unique profile design provides increased resistance to impact that occurs in interrupted cutting and reduces chipping on the cutting edge.
* Flat profile leaves a superior surface finish and often eliminates the need for a finishing pass. Depending on the SFM used, the 4MxR can produce surface finishes up to 32 Ra m inch.
* High helix geometry decreases shear forces, reducing horsepower requirements.
* Corner radius as a standard eliminates premature corner breakage and provides added strength.
* Radius on profile corners eliminates milling lines.
* Multi flute geometry allows more flutes in the cut and significantly higher table feeds. The 4MxR can improve productivity by 100% in comparison with typical indexable and porcupine style end mills. Diameters over %/2" are available with 4 or 6 flutes.
* Center cutting end geometry enables plunging and machining of bottom surfaces.
* Hanita's in-house TiAIN coating provides an ability to run at the highest SFM without sacrificing tool life.
"The 4MxR is designed for maximum metal removal when milling steels, hard steels, titanium and nickel-based alloys, and other hard materials 50-60 Rc," he said. In recent performance tests, the 4MxR outperformed a conventional rougher in a slotting application in Ti-6A14V, proving to have 87% greater tool life at 20% faster speeds. When profiling in P-20-64HRc, the 4MxR had 53% greater tool life and ran at 25% greater feeds than a conventional rougher.
Hanita's Series 4MxR carbide end mills are available in both stub and regular lengths and are available from stock.
Hanita is a brand of Kennametal Industrial Products Group, a Kennametal company.