Press Release Summary:
Global Data Synchronization for WebSphereÂ® Product Center v1.0.0 enables manufacturers and retailers to synchronize data via major data pools such as Transora and UCCnet. It provides support for modeling and managing complex relationships and classification schemes. Data model manages and supports interoperability between data pools and registries as well as new attributes, data pools, and trading partners, as required.
Original Press Release:
WebSphere Global Data Synchronization Module
Large retailers and manufacturers worldwide are leading the charge to adopt global data synchronization. As a part of global data synchronization, retailers and manufacturers are electronically synchronizing product information based on global standards put forth by the standards organization called
EAN.UCC (EAN international and Uniform Code Council).
Various studies led by Global Commerce Initiative (GCI), A.T.
Kearney, and Cap Gemini Ernst and Young have quantified the dollar savings of global data synchronization process. These
savings are realized in many ways, such as reduction in speed to market for new items and shelf out-of-stocks.
Global data synchronization forms the foundation for collaborative activities among supply chain partners, such as radio frequency identification (RFID), collaborative planning forecasting and replenishment (CPFR), and other B2B
Companies can collaborate faster and with improved accuracy once the fundamental and commerce enabling information is frequently shared and kept in sync among supply chain partners. Leading retailers, consumer products manufacturers, and consumer electronics manufacturers have recognized this and are investing in global data synchronization initiatives.
IBM Global Data Synchronization for WebSphere® Product Center
enables manufacturers and retailers to synchronize data according to EAN.UCC standards, via major data pools such as Transora and UCCnet.
Refer to the Hardware requirements and Software requirements sections.
Planned availability dates
· September 30, 2004: IBM Global Data Synchronization for WebSphere Product Center V 1.0.0 - Electronic software
· November 5, 2004: IBM Global Data Synchronization for
WebSphere Product Center V 1.0.0 - Media and documentation
At a glance
Global Data Synchronization for WebSphere Product Center features:
· Support for modeling and managing complex relationships and classification schemas for trading partners, attributes, automated processes, and messaging
· Data model that manages and supports interoperability between industry-leading data pools and registries as well as
new attributes, data pools, and trading partners, as they are
· Configurable workflows that allow modification of the out-of-the-box processes to meet specific customer needs and business environments
· WebSphere Product Center:
Best-of-breed product information management middleware that is the foundational platform, ensuring scalability and growth potential for all global data synchronization networks
· Reporting capabilities for summary and detailed information to keep records of global data synchronization activities
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative or the Americas Call Centers at 800-IBM-CALL Reference: SE001
This announcement is provided for your information only. For additional information, contact your IBM representative,
call 800-IBM-4YOU, or visit the IBM home page at: www.ibm.com.