Press Release Summary:
With FollowMeÂ® 5.1, companies can restrict access to documents as well as control and manage user activity. Directory Monitoring and Routing enables administrators and users to monitor directories for pending print jobs that are to be routed to FollowMe Q-Server or for basic workflow capabilities. Users can apply specific identifying text or overlays to print jobs via policy and rules-based printing engine, based on individual user, departmental, or printer conditions.
Original Press Release:
Ringdale Announces FollowMe 5.1 Secure Document Output Management Solution Update with Enhanced Capabilities
AUSTIN, Texas, July 9/- Ringdale(R), Inc., a technology leader in network enhancing connectivity solutions, today announced the availability of FollowMe(R) 5.1, a significant update to its secure document output management solution. The FollowMe 5.1 release is comprised of the following new features for enhanced administrative and user capabilities:
- Virtual Cash Register - Focused on the education market, this feature allows credits to be added or deducted from student users' accounts. Administrators can track users' credit additions and deductions from all other interfaces and generate reports on the transactions. To protect the security of users' accounts, access rights can be restricted to only those administrators associated with a particular user group.
- Credit Pools - Provides an option that allows for credit pools (or quotas) to be depleted before standard credits are deducted. Credit pools can be allotted for specially defined print jobs; for instance, print jobs using a specific paper size. Standard credits will only be deducted when users' print jobs do not fall into the defined print job categories, or when the credit pool has been depleted.
- Directory Monitoring and Routing - Provides administrators and users with the ability to monitor directories for pending print jobs that are to be routed to the FollowMe Q-Server or for basic workflow capabilities. Typical applications are in the graphical arts industry where pre-processed Postscript(R) print jobs can simply be dropped into a folder to be automatically queued or printed. Additional uses are for multifunction printers or document capture devices, by enhancing their native functionality to provide a true 'scan-to-home folder' solution when using an access card for authentication instead of conventional username and password.
- Forms & Overlays - Enables users to apply specific identifying text or 'overlays' to print jobs via FollowMe's policy and rules-based printing engine, based on individual user, departmental or printer conditions. Overlays are typically used for document headers or footers or for applying tag lines such as 'Company Confidential'.
- Personalized Settings - On output devices that utilize FollowMe Embedded technology, administrators can provide users with their own personalized settings for FollowMe specific front panel functions. For example, if a user wanted to select from a list of print jobs at the output device, the administrator can enable the front panel to display the list and allow for on-the-spot printing.
- Print Job Content Searching - Provides the ability for documents to be searched word-for-word on compatible print jobs that have been routed through the FollowMe Q-Server. This is also known as 'forensic text searching'.
- Web Client Interface - The FollowMe web client interface has been enhanced with easier-to-use screens. Localization also has been enhanced to support FollowMe's use in different geographical markets. In addition, a new reporting element called 'trends' has been added in the user history reports, which can alert administrators to any pre-defined changes such as toner usage going up or down or the number of color pages increasing or decreasing.
Ringdale's FollowMe(R), the most noted brand in secure document output management, provides companies an all-in-one secure solution composed of FollowMe(R) Printing (pull printing), print roaming and accounting that is vendor and device independent. FollowMe(R) enables companies to restrict access to documents as well as control and manage user activity. Through its superior policy and rules-based printing engine, FollowMe(R) enables companies to reduce expenses associated with toner and paper usage and control color output and other printing options.
About Ringdale, Inc.
Ringdale, Inc. has been focused on the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of network enhancing connectivity solutions for over three decades.
The Company introduced FollowMe in 1997 to meet customers' growing requirements for secure document output management. Today, FollowMe is used by thousands of organizations in a wide variety of industries worldwide. The company's product line also spans access control systems, biometric recognition technologies and fax appliances. Ringdale, part of the Network Technology PLC Group, maintains design, manufacturing and marketing centers in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore.
For more information on Ringdale products and solutions, call +1-512-288-9080 or visit the Ringdale Web site at www.ringdale.com.