Press Release Summary:
Hitachi ID Management Suite v6.0 incorporates ID Identity Manager, ID Group Manager, ID Access Certifier, and ID Org Manager. Role-based access control (RBAC) capabilities include persistent role assignment, automatically calculated role changes, and role-centric access certification. Unicode-ready program includes segregation of duties (SoD) engine, which intercepts/resolves policy violations before they happen, as well as identity synchronization engine.
Original Press Release:
Hitachi ID Releases Management Suite 6.0
Hitachi ID Management Suite 6.0 delivers RBAC and SoD policy engine along with excellent scalability using a new platform
CALGARY, Feb. 4 / / - Hitachi ID Systems, Inc., a leading provider of identity management (IdM) solutions, is pleased to announce the release of its next generation of IdM solutions. This release establishes Hitachi ID Management 6.0 as the most scalable and cost-effective user provisioning and access certification solution on the market. "Hitachi ID Management Suite 6.0 is a major rewrite of much of our core technology, and has been under heavy development for almost two years," says Idan Shoham, Hitachi ID CTO. "As the economic climate worsened through 2008, we realized that customers would want us to focus increasingly on total cost of ownership (TCO) and on cost savings from effective deployments. With that in mind, we have focused on ease of deployment and low ongoing administrating cost for this release," he added. Hitachi ID Management Suite is a complete identity management enterprise solution enabling organizations to more securely and efficiently manage the user lifecycle across all enterprise applications and systems. Hitachi ID Management Suite 6.0 includes four products:
Hitachi ID Identity Manager (ID-Synch)
Hitachi ID Group Manager (ID-Access)
Hitachi ID Access Certifier (ID-Certify)
Hitachi ID Org Manager (ID-Org)
Highlights of the release include:
- Major new role based access control (RBAC) capabilities, including persistent role assignment, automatically calculated role changes and role-centric access certification.
- A built-in segregation of duties (SoD) engine, which intercepts and resolves policy violations before they happen.
- A code-less identity synchronization engine, that customers can
configure to keep personal data in sync between multiple systems and applications in just a few hours.
- A completely new workflow API, used by both internal business logic and stand-alone applications, such as custom onboarding systems.
- Numerous usability improvements have been made, both to the end-user and the administrator components.
- Hitachi ID Management Suite 6.0 is very fast, making it one of the most scalable products on the market. It is also Unicode-ready, making it suitable for global deployments.
- Customers may deploy Hitachi ID Management Suite 6.0 using either Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or Oracle 10g as the back-end database server.
About Hitachi ID
Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of identity management solutions. The Hitachi ID Management Suite has been licensed by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Hitachi ID's solutions enable organizations to effectively manage every aspect of the user lifecycle. The Hitachi ID Management Suite includes Hitachi ID Identity Manager ('ID-Synch') for user provisioning, Hitachi ID Access Certifier ('ID-Certify') for privilege audit and cleanup, Hitachi ID Password Manager ('P-Synch') for password management, Hitachi ID Privileged Password Manager ('ID-Archive') to securely manage privileged passwords and Hitachi ID Group Manager ('ID-Access') for group management.
For more information on Hitachi ID Systems, Inc. and its products, please visit the corporate web site at www.Hitachi-ID.com, or call 1.403.233.0740.
Source: Hitachi ID Systems, Inc.