Press Release Summary:
With Open Text Fax Server, customers can fax hundreds or thousands of purchase orders, receipts, or invoices in transactions automatically from SAP or Oracle in seconds. Program supports T.38 Fax over IP, virtualization, Microsoft Active Directory 2008, and IP v6. It includes administrative auditing capabilities via Enterprise Fax Reporter, which records time and responsible party for user and group additions, modifications, or deletions.
Original Press Release:
Open Text Introduces New Fax Server Release Following Captaris Acquisition
Also Introduces Fax Enhancements for SharePoint to Improve Workflow Automation and Scalability for Enterprise-wide Use
CHICAGO, Dec. 8 /-- Open Text(TM) Corporation (NASDAQ:OTEX)(NASDAQ:TSX:)(NASDAQ:OTC), a global leader in enterprise content management (ECM), today announced a new release of Open Text Fax Server, the latest version of Open Text's market-leading electronic fax and document delivery software, with new features designed to help customers lower installation and ongoing maintenance costs. The company also announced an update to Open Text Fax Server Connector for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, a comprehensive document capture and delivery solution for SharePoint. The products, which were previously marketed by Captaris under the RightFax name, are the first new versions to come out since Open Text's acquisition of Captaris.
Open Text acquired Captaris to add key capabilities for converting large volumes of paper documents for transactions to electronic form so that they can be managed by Open Text ECM solutions that work with SAP or Oracle ERP systems. The fax server products provide a powerful document delivery platform that lets customers fax hundreds or even thousands of purchase orders, receipts or invoices in transactions automatically from SAP or Oracle in seconds. Some large Open Text customers use the solution to fax more than 100,000 documents a month. These new product updates give customers the most reliable and robust fax software solutions available.
"Organizations rely on Open Text Fax Server as the entry and exit points for important documents, without the burden of slow and cumbersome paper-based faxes," said Ron Vangell, Senior Vice President, Ecosystems Solutions Group at Open Text. "Solutions such as Open Text Fax Server are ideal for businesses looking to save costs and improve efficiency. With the new release, we focused on ways to help organizations reduce total cost of ownership and add support for the latest technologies."
With Open Text Fax Server, which is version 9.4 of RightFax, enterprises can benefit from expanded support for virtualized environments, improved optical character recognition (OCR) performance, and easier administration through simplified installation and enhanced auditing capabilities. Notable enhancements include:
- Extended support for the latest technologies and protocols-including T.38 Fax over IP, virtualization, Microsoft Active Directory 2008, and IP v6. Fax Server allows for Fax-over-IP failover in multi-gateway environments and supports VMware ESX server 3.0.1 or higher.
- Improved OCR performance with a more powerful engine that advances character recognition and routing accuracy.
- Simplified installation via unassisted online product licensing and Microsoft Active Directory 2008 user synchronization.
- Increased reliability with Fax Server client FaxUtil fail-over in a shared services environment.
- Enhanced administrative auditing capabilities via Enterprise Fax Reporter, a new tool that records time and responsible party for user and group additions, modifications or deletions and improves reporting query performance.
- Improved client functionality including additional language support for Web access.
Open Text Fax Server Connector 2.0 for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 has been enhanced to support large-scale requirements with expanded language capabilities and support for multi-server environments. Key features include:
- Inbound and outbound faxing from SharePoint team sites and document libraries.
- Process automation through import and indexing of faxes from Fax Server to the SharePoint document library and workflow engine.
- Full text search on faxes when combined with the Open Text TIFF iFilter.
- Improved scalability with support for installation on Fax Server clusters and data sharing collectives.
Open Text Fax Server and Fax Server Connector for SharePoint 2.0 are available now. For more information, go to: http://www.captaris.com/rightfax/index.html
About Open Text
Open Text, an enterprise software company and leader in enterprise content management, helps organizations manage and gain the true value of their business content. Open Text brings two decades of expertise supporting 46,000 customers and millions of users in 114 countries. Working with our customers and partners, we bring together leading Content Experts(TM) to help organizations capture and preserve corporate memory, increase brand equity, automate processes, mitigate risk, manage compliance and improve competitiveness. For more information, visit www.opentext.com.
Copyright (C) 2008 by Open Text Corporation. OPEN TEXT is a trademark or registered trademarks of Open Text Corporation in the United States of America, Canada, the European Union and/or other countries. This list of trademarks is not exhaustive. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text Corporation or other respective owners.