Press Release Summary:
WebSphereÂ® Everyplace(TM) provides offerings needed to connect, adapt, manage, transform, and scale Web applications and legacy data into pervasive applications. WebSphere Everyplace Mobile Portal Enable v5 content adaptation product addresses elements of mobile portal strategy, providing structure for Web site and portlet applications. It also includes support for device-independent markup language as well as tooling support for application development.
Original Press Release:
IBM WebSphere Everyplace Mobile Portal Enable V5 Offers Expanded Opportunity into the Mobile e-Business World
WebSphere® Everyplace(TM) is a family of offerings that combines and integrates the entire IBM middleware infrastructure needed to connect, adapt, manage, transform, and scale today's Web applications and legacy data into tomorrow's pervasive applications.
WebSphere Everyplace Mobile Portal Enable is an advanced content adaptation product that addresses several important elements of a mobile portal strategy. WebSphere Portal for Multiplatforms (either Enable or Extend) is a prerequisite for WebSphere Everyplace Mobile Portal Enable.
WebSphere Everyplace Mobile Device Enable is an optional service that can be purchased with WebSphere Everyplace Mobile Portal Enable. WebSphere Everyplace Mobile Device Enable entitles you to receive additional device support updates that may become available from IBM after new devices become available from device manufacturers. The support updates that you will receive via WebSphere Everyplace Mobile Device Enable are complementary to, not part of, the WebSphere Everyplace Mobile Portal Enable product.
Mobile portals are an important strategy for customers who want to gain market advantage, increase customer loyalty, and increase revenues by leveraging the data market. It is essential for a mobile portal solution to offer easy-to-use services and applications to attract and retain customers, as well as provide an environment that simplifies integration by application and content providers for delivery of their services.
For additional information and details about WebSphere Everyplace Mobile Portal Enable V5, contact your IBM software representative and visit the following Web site
· Passport Advantage® Agreement
· One of the following operating systems on a supported system:
- AIX® V5.1 or V5.2 with maintenance levels
- Solaris V2.8 or V2.9
- Red Hat Enterprise Advanced Server Version 2.1
- SUSE Linux(TM) Enterprise Server (SLES) Version 8
· WebSphere Portal for Multiplatforms V184.108.40.206 (Enable or Extend)
· A supported database
· WebSphere Studio Site Developer V5.1.2 or WebSphere Studio Application Developer V5.1.2 (prerequisite to use the Mobile Portal Toolkit)
Planned availability dates
· February 9, 2005: Electronic software delivery
· February 28, 2005: Media and documentation
At a glance
This offering includes:
· WebSphere Everyplace Mobile Portal Enable V5.0
- Structure for a Web site
- Structure for portlet applications
- Support for device-independent markup language ("write once, render many")
- Tooling support for application development
· WebSphere Everyplace Mobile Device Enable V5.0
- Provides eligibility for updates for additional device support as they become available