Press Release Summary:
Interoperable with Apple Final Cut Pro and Avid editing systems, iCR 4.0 includes SD/HD ingest, optimized for open storage servers, with integrated review and quality control. Pixel Adaptive conversion technique transforms any type of content to progressive picture, while automated distribution and load balancing of repurposing tasks speeds rendering times. With software, users can splice and merge multiple clips to create new versions such as commercial extractions or insertions.
Original Press Release:
AmberFin Launches iCR 4.0 at IBC 2008
LONDON, September 11/ --
- New Software Includes Enhanced Compatibility and Repurposing Features
AmberFin today announces the launch of the latest version of its iCR software, an open-standards platform with four-time Emmy award winning technology that can digitise and transform new and archived content.
AmberFin iCR 4.0 includes reliable SD/HD ingest, optimised for open storage servers, with integrated review and quality control. Its repurposing module has been enhanced to enable it to reduce the equivalent quality file size by as much as 25% alongside cut-and-splice versioning tools, network rendering capabilities and best-in-class video processing and conversion.
It also offers increased interoperability with Apple Final Cut Pro and Avid editing systems, addressing the compatibility challenges faced by content owners today.
Jeremy Deaner, CEO of AmberFin, comments: "The film and broadcast industry is evolving to meet consumer demand for high quality content. We have a dedicated research and development team to ensure that AmberFin iCR meets the changing needs and addresses key issues including better picture quality, incompatibility and quality control. The latest version of iCR is specifically designed to address major pain points, allowing content owners to make the most of their existing content and address the opportunities presented by new delivery platforms."
Other key features and benefits of iCR 4.0 include:
o Best Compression Performance on the Market
- A new "Pixel Adaptive" conversion technique that transforms any type of content to progressive pictures, providing breakthrough improvements in perceived quality and significant bit rate reduction
o Boosted Repurposing Throughput
- Automated distribution and load balancing of repurposing tasks on a network of iCR systems, resulting in shorter rendering times and optimal usage of computing resources
- Enhanced job tracking, logging and error handling
o Enhanced MXF Cutting and Splicing
- Ability to extract one or multiple segments of MXF files to perform partial extraction or clip segmentation
- Functionality to splice and merge multiple clips to create new versions such as commercial extractions or insertions
o Centralised Apple QuickTime and Final Cut Pro Workgroup
- Exceptional support for Apple QuickTime and Final Cut Pro workflows, providing dependable SD/HD ingest, review, quality control, conversion and repurposing operations for workgroup environments based on central server systems such as Storage Area Network (SAN) or Network Attached Storage (NAS)
o Enhanced Avid Interoperability
- New streamlined Avid workflow to ingest and repurpose Avid-compatible SD/HD content that can then be imported into Avid edit systems
o Extended Standard and High-Definition P2 and XDCAM Support
- Complete end-to-end workflows to import, ingest, review, quality control, convert and repurpose SD/HD formats of Panasonic P2 and Sony XDCAM files allowing seamless conversion and interoperability between production and post-production systems
- Compatible with P2 and XDCAM card/disk readers
- Support for the latest full resolution XDCAM EX and HD422 formats
AmberFin will be present on stand 8B77 at IBC, alongside parent company Snell & Wilcox. AmberFin representatives will be available to demonstrate iCR and illustrate how it has played a key role in the digitisation, review and quality control and repurposing of content for prestigious companies including Sony, NBA, Turner Broadcasting, BT, Channel 4, RTM and Warner Brothers.
For appointments, please email: email@example.com
AmberFin enables content owners to maximise the value of their TV, film and video content, from capture through to distribution, while increasing revenues, reducing costs, saving time and eliminating incompatibility issues.
AmberFin iCR, with four-time Emmy-award winning technology, plays a key role in turning the content that owners have into the content their customers want. As an open standard, future proof platform that digitises and transforms new and archived content, iCR delivers the best quality pictures at smaller file sizes across multiple delivery platforms, including the Internet, VoD, TV, mobile and other small screen devices. AmberFin already has 100s of iCR systems in the field, and is trusted by some of the world's most prestigious companies including Sony, NBA, Turner Broadcasting, BT, Channel 4, RTM and Warner Brothers, managing the digitisation and repurposing of their content.
Privately held by Advent Venture Partners, AmberFin is part of the Snell & Wilcox Group, headquartered in Basingstoke, UK. www.amberfin.com