Press Release Summary:
Offering a service life of 10 years, APC's Smart-UPS On-Line Li-Ion Battery can operate at 40°C temperature. Unit can be remotely managed using preinstalled Network Management Card (NMC) option. The unit can be configured with multiple Li-Ion battery packs. APC's Smart-UPS On-Line Li-Ion Battery feature small footprint and weight is about 30 percent less than sealed lead acid batteries.
Original Press Release:
Schneider Electric Brings Power of Lithium-Ion for IoT and Edge Computing Applications through APC Smart-UPS
- Expanding use of Li-Ion technology for single-phase APC Smart-UPS portfolio
- Addresses customer demand for greater resiliency, simplified maintenance and lower cost of ownership
- Reduces maintenance and associated costs required over the life of the UPS by up to 53 percent
Schneider Electric, the global specialist in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, today announced it is expanding its APC Smart-UPS portfolio with a Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery option for its single-phase offer.
APC's Smart-UPS On-Line Li-Ion battery offer fills an industry gap by delivering better performance and longer shelf life that is not currently available with sealed lead acid battery technology. With the delivery of a Li-Ion solution, Schneider Electric is enabling customers to operate more efficiently and significantly reduce the cost and risk associated with managing their power protection equipment.
Smart-UPS powered by Li-Ion
For years, Schneider Electric has featured Li-Ion across its portfolio of power protection solutions, including its industry-leading three-phase UPSs and APC Back-UPS offer. Now, it is expanding its use of Li-Ion technology for its single-phase Smart-UPS portfolio.
With Li-Ion embedded technology, Smart-UPS On-Line offers several maintenance and cost-saving benefits:
- Longer life span: Li-Ion batteries can have a service life upwards of 10 years.
- Smaller size and weight: Due to higher energy densities, Li-Ion batteries have a much smaller footprint and weigh about 30 percent less than sealed lead acid batteries.
- Lower maintenance and total cost of ownership: With double the battery life, the amount of maintenance and associated costs required over the life of the UPS is reduced by up to 53 percent.
- Safety: APC's proven record of safety and best-in-class design and adherence to safety regulations (UL 1973, UL1642/IEC62133) provides added peace of mind.
- Better performance at higher temperatures: Li-Ion batteries can operate at higher average temperatures (e.g., 40°C/104°F) without degradation to UPS performance of runtime.
- Extended runtime: Smart‑UPS On‑Line can be configured with multiple Li-Ion battery packs to meet aggressive runtime demands based on IT and business needs.
- Remote management capabilities: Available with a preinstalled Network Management Card (NMC) option, this solution can enhance visibility of edge environments with monitoring and control capabilities.
The solution can also connect to Schneider Electric's cloud-enabled EcoStruxure™ IT platform, which allows customers to leverage data-driven insights about the health and status of their UPS devices to simplify maintenance and optimize performance.
Providing Certainty in a Connected World
APC by Schneider Electric is the leading brand worldwide for integrated physical infrastructure and software. With a wide array of products that provide reliable power and availability solutions for IT and communications technologies, APC delivers Certainty in a Connected World. With the largest community of partners tailoring solutions for home and distributed IT, APC enables individuals and businesses to anticipate the unexpected, protecting critical information and data.
The Smart-UPS On-line with Li-Ion battery will be available in select global regions starting Q1 2018. Additional Li-Ion single-phase products will be rolled out through 2018. Click http://www.apc.com/us/en/campaign/lithium-ion-ups.jsp for more information or contact your local APC representative.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.