Press Release Summary:
Single-slot CompactPCI VMICPCI-7716 is available with processors up to 1 GHz, maximum memory of 1 Gbyte, and support for Windows NT, Windows 2000, VxWorks, Solaris, Linux, LynxOS, and QNX operating systems. C&T 69030 graphics adapter supports high-resolution graphics and multimedia-quality video with 4 Mbyte memory and SVGA and LVDS digital video. Computer has PCI Ethernet controller with 10BaseT and 100BaseTX support via J5 rear I/O connection.
Original Press Release:
1 GHz Single-Slot CompactPCI Pentium III System-Slot Single-Board Computer with 1 Gbyte SDRAM and Rear I/O
Huntsville, AL (October 16, 2001). VMIC introduces the VMICPCI-7716, a single-slot Pentium III FC-PGA processor-based CompactPCI single-board computer (SBC) with processor speeds up to 1 GHz. The VMICPCI-7716 accepts 144-pin SODIMM SDRAM modules for a maximum memory capacity of 1 Gbyte. The on-board DRAM is dual ported to the CompactPCI bus. A C&T 69030 graphics adapter supports high-resolution graphics and multimedia-quality video with 4 Mbyte memory SVGA and LVDS digital video via a J4 rear panel I/O. The VMICPCI-7716 supports two Ethernet LANs with the Intel 82559ER PCI Ethernet controller, and 1OBaseT and 10OBaseTX options are supported via a J5 rear I/O connection.
Features of the VMICPCI-7716 include:
* Supports Pentium III processors up to 1 GHz
* Up to 1 Gbyte SDRAM
* Rear I/O-based design
* LVDS rear I/O for flat panel support
* 6U Eurocard format
* 440GX Northbridge PCI, 82371EB Southbridge
* PMC expansion site (IEEE-P1386 common mezzanine card standard, 5 V)
* System-slot SBC (Intel 21154 CompactPCI bridge)
* Compliant with CompactPCI 2.0 revision 2.1
* Three programmable 16-bit timers
* 32 Kbyte of nonvolatile SRAM
* Software-selectable watchdog timer with reset * Remote boot support over Ethernet
* Passive heat sink
* 64-bit C&T AGP SVGA controller with 4 Mbyte SGRAM with J4 rear I/O
* Two on-board Fast Ethernet controllers supporting 1OBaseT and 100BaseTX interfaces with CompactPCI J5 rear I/O
* On-board Ultra DMA/33 IDE hard drive and floppy drive controllers with CompactPCI J5 rear I/O
* Two high-performance 16550-compatible serial ports. Both serial ports available through CompactPCI J5 rear I/O connector.
* Two USB ports, CompactPCI J5 connector rear I/O
* PS/2-style keyboard and mouse port through J5 rear I/O
* Real-time clock and miniature speaker included
* BIOS support for USB legacy keyboard and mouse
* Phoenix BIOS with in-house customization available
* Operating system support Windows NT, Windows 2000, VxWorks, Solaris, Linux, LynxOS, and QNX
Availability: November 2001 Starting Price: $2,184
The VMIC logo is a registered trademark of VMIC. Windows and Windows NT are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Intel and Pentium are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. CompactPCI is a registered trademark of PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers' Group. Other registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.