- Abrisa Technologies' ZC&R Coatings for Optics (ZC&R) division, located in Torrance, California, provides both single and multi-layer all dielectric anti-reflective (AR) coatings onto glass substrates that are designed for low reflectance and high transmission. This easy-to-clean, coated glass can be used at temperatures of ≥300°C and meet MIL-C-675C, MIL-C-14806A, and MIL-C-48497A.
The coatings can be applied to standard glass substrates such as soda-lime float glass, borosilicate glass, water white float glass and more. Glass thicknesses ranging from 0.1mm up to 25.4 mm and even higher for custom requirements can be coated. Reflectance can be as low as 0.05% depending upon the wavelengths covered. Transmittance is very high, but varies due to substrate material.
AR coated glass is often a crucial component in optical systems with multiple lenses or other optics where maximum possible light energy is needed. AR coatings from ZC&R help produce brighter images while reducing the intensity of ghost images which are sometimes produced in optical systems having multiple reflecting surfaces.
Broad Wavelength Band AR Coatings provided include:
· BARC-5 - High efficiency AR coating that reflects less than 0.5% average from 424-675 nm
· BARC-11 - Provides a low level of reflectance across a wide spectrum from 400-100 nm
· UV BBAR - Designed for the ultra-violet region, providing a low level of reflectance less than 0.5% average from 275 to 425 nm
Narrow Wave Length Band AR Coatings provided include:
· BBAR Optimized for Telecommunications - Provides a low level of reflectance less than 0.25% average from 1450 to 1650 nm
· Narrow Band AR (Nominally centered @ 1550 nm) - Excellent coating for single or narrow band of wavelengths
· Narrow Band AR (Nominally centered @ 632.8 nm) - Excellent coating for single or narrow band of wavelengths
· IR-BBAR 3-5 Microns - Provides a low level of reflectance for the mid-infrared spectrum 3000 to 5000 nm
· IR-BBAR 8-12 Microns - Provides a low level of reflectance for the far-infrared spectrum 8µm to 12µm
In addition to the above mentioned anti-reflective (AR) coatings, ZC& R can provide custom thin film AR coatings to meet individual application-specific requirements to reduce the efficiency rate of the optical system.
Typical applications include:
· Display windows
· Industrial instrumentation
· 'Medical optics
· Port windows
· Laser components
· Telecommunications equipment
· Miniature optics
About Abrisa Technologies: Abrisa Technologies is headquartered in Santa Paula, California and is comprised of three divisions that provide precision glass optics products and services. The divisions include; Abrisa Industrial Glass, Inc., Sycamore Glass Components, and ZC&R Coatings for Optics. As a market leader in optical coatings and high quality precision glass fabrication, Abrisa Technologies is dedicated to providing premier customer service, cost-effective products that fit each customer's exacting requirements.