Press Release Summary:
Orange Device Management enables businesses to manage employee mobile devices in-house, without having to bring them into office or contact customer services. Using this hosted solution, IT managers can send updates, troubleshoot, and lock/wipe devices over the air. Additional remote functionality covers enforcing password policies, locking Bluetooth and camera, unauthorized application alarming, and activity logging. Service does not require back-end server.
Original Press Release:
Mobility for All, Minus the IT Overload - Orange Device Management Launches
LONDON, August 6 --
- New Product Simplifies the Management of Business Device Fleets
- Update, Secure and Support Employee Devices Remotely
Orange UK today announced the launch of its Device Management service, the first product of its kind that enables businesses to effectively manage their employees' mobile devices in-house, without having to bring them into the office or contact customer services.
Orange Device Management is a simple, hosted solution that enables companies to remotely manage their device fleet, with IT managers able to send updates, troubleshoot, and even lock or wipe devices over the air. It requires no back-end server and is simple to set up and get running.
Employees get the freedom to work where they like, safe in the knowledge that any issues they have can be dealt with quickly and securely without them having to come back into the office.
Orange Device Management enables businesses to make better and more efficient use of their assets. Applications no longer need to remain dormant or out of date, as IT managers can send the latest software versions directly to employees' devices. Organisations are also able to reduce the amount of time spent on support, as device problems can be diagnosed and rectified over the air.
With security of information high on the list of priorities, and remote access to business systems becoming increasingly vital, Orange Device Management gives organisations peace of mind that their information is secure. Security features include:
- Ability to remotely enforce password policies
- Lock Bluetooth and camera functionality
- Wipe data from a device with a personalised message explaining where the device should be returned should it be lost
- Alarm unauthorised applications by sending an email to an assigned IT manager and remove unauthorised software
- Logs of all activity performed on the device
Anthony Keyworth, Director of Business Products, Orange Business Services UK said: "With business mobile needs constantly evolving, it is becoming increasingly important for organisations to be able to manage their device fleet in a cost-effective and time-efficient way. Orange Device Management helps increase the productivity of the mobile workforce, as well as providing businesses with greater security for their data."
Benefits for the IT manger:
- Reduces the time spent manually setting up devices
- Reduces support time
- Advanced protection of company information and assets
- Company policies can be enforced and applications effecting device performance can be removed
- Company specific settings can be applied over the air to one of several devices at the same time
Benefits for the end user:
- No interruption to the working day
- Device problems are quickly addressed without unnecessary trips back to the office
- Receive updates and new applications whilst on the move
- Confidence that information sent and received is secure and that the data held on the device is protected against theft
Orange Device Management can be purchased from the Orange business sales managers. At GBP3.50 (excluding VAT) per user, per month plus data charges, the service includes dedicated support from the Orange Technical Support Team. Customers also have the option of bundling Orange Device Management with the updated Microsoft(R) Mail from Orange tariff for GBP9 (excluding VAT) per user, per month which includes a 300MB UK data allowance.
Orange is a key brand of the France Telecom Group, providing mobile, broadband, fixed, business and entertainment services across Europe.
It is one of the world's leading telecommunications operators with more than 170 million customers on five continents.
In June, 2006, Orange became the single brand for mobile, broadband and multi-play offers. In addition, Orange Business Services became the new banner for business communications solutions. Orange Business Services is present in 166 countries with network reach in 220.
In the UK, Orange provides high quality GSM coverage to 99% of the UK population. At the end of March 2008, Orange had over 16.9 million customers in the UK - 15.8 million active mobile customers and over 1.1 million broadband customers.
Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trade marks of Orange Personal Communications Services Limited.
Further information about Orange can be found on the Orange website at www.orange.co.uk or the France Telecom group international website at www.orange.com and www.francetelecom.com
For further information, please contact Noor Kheir on +44(0)203-047-2321 or Noor.Kheir@edelman.com