Press Release Summary:
REAL Server 2009 cross-platform, multiuser database server features Multi Version Concurrency Control that eliminates transaction locking and optimizes scalability. External plug-ins are supported, allowing extension of SQL language and addition of business logic on server, and databases can be restored from backup or restore log file. Program also includes server-side and client messaging. REAL Server 2009 can handle more than 10,000 concurrent connections.
Original Press Release:
REAL Software Announces REAL Server 2009 to Ship in February
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 6 / / - REAL Software, creator of REALbasic, a cross-platform software development environment, announced today at the Macworld Conference and Expo that REAL Server 2009, their cross-platform, multi-user database server will be shipping in February. REAL Server 2009 boasts many new features as well as increased performance and scalability. REAL Server 2009 includes:
- New Architecture: REAL Server 2009 has a new, completely re-engineered event-based asynchronous architecture.
- MVCC: REAL Server now includes Multi Version Concurrency Control which eliminates transaction locking and, as a result, dramatically increases concurrency and scalability. MVCC is typically found only in high-end database servers, like Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Plugins: REAL Server 2009 will support external plugins, which allow you to both extend the SQL language as well as put your business logic on the server. REAL Server also supports all of the standard SQLite extensions.
- Restore Points: You can restore databases from a backup or from a restore log file, so your mistakes, even a DELETE * from Table command, can be recovered with just a click.
- REAL Server 2009 also includes server-side cursors and client messaging.
- Greater Scalability: Testing with a preliminary version of the server shows that the REAL Server 2009 can handle more than 10,000 concurrent connections. Other servers require complex load balancing and multiple servers to handle the same load.
"We have doubled the scalability of REAL Server with this latest release," commented Geoff Perlman, REAL Software's Founder and CEO. "It's a great database server for the web. We depend on it for our entire website and our order system."
REAL Server will be available for purchase in February 2009. The REAL Server Developer Edition is completely free of charge and enables developers to create an application based on REAL Server without paying any fees until they are ready to deploy their application. REAL Server is available for $500. Five-server packs are available for $2,000 and ten-server packs are available for $3,000. An unlimited deployment license is available for $9,000 per year. For more information about REAL Server, please visit www.realsoftware.com/realserver.
REALbasic is a full-featured software development environment suited to creating a wide range of applications, from utilities to enterprise-class applications. REALbasic Personal Edition for Windows or Mac is priced at $100. REALbasic for Linux Personal Edition is offered for free. REALbasic Professional Edition, required for cross-platform deployment, is $500. All versions of REALbasic are now available and can be downloaded directly from REAL Software at http://www.realsoftware.com/download.
About REAL Server
REAL Server is a cross-platform multi-user database server. REAL Server provides REALbasic users the ability to create secure, robust database applications more quickly and effectively than any other database server. Designed for use with REALbasic 2006 or later, more information, including a list of the major features for REAL Server, can be found at www.realsoftware.com/realserver.
Source: REAL Software
CONTACT: Dana Brown of REAL Software, +1-512-328-7325, email@example.com
Web Site: http://www.realsoftware.com/