Press Release Summary:
Available in one- or 2-way configurations, eServerÂ® OpenPower(TM) 710 comes in rack drawer package with 4 front-accessible, hot-swap-capable DASD bays that accommodate up to 587.2 Gb of disk storage. Fifth bay is provided for DVD-ROM or DVD-RAM. SMP uses 64-bit, copper-based POWER5(TM) microprocessor running at 1.65 GHz with 36 Mb L3 cache. Features include three 3.3 V, 133 MHz, 64-bit PCI-X slots and 10/100/1000 Ethernet, serial, USB, and HMC ports.
Original Press Release:
IBM eServer OpenPower 710 Offers IBM POWER5 Technology in a 2U Rack Drawer Package
The IBM eServer® OpenPower(TM) 710 Rack-mount Server (9123-710) is a powerful, rack-dense, 2-way-capable system that delivers the expandability and availability required for constrained data centers.
The OpenPower 710 system's raw computing power positions it well for high-performance engineering and scientific workloads.
System-level expandability and availability suits edge of network, general infrastructure, Web content serving, and application hosting services applications.
OpenPower 710 comes in a 2U rack drawer package and is available in a 1-way or 2-way configuration.
The OpenPower 720 and OpenPower 710 now combine to deliver a strong and expanded portfolio to enterprises deploying Linux(TM) strategically.
The SMP uses a 1-way or 2-way, state-of-the-art, 64-bit, copper-based POWER5(TM) microprocessor running at 1.65 GHz with 36 MB of Level 3 (L3) cache. The base 1 GB of main memory can be expanded to 32 GB for faster performance and exploitation of 64-bit addressing as used in large database applications.
The OpenPower 710 contains five bays. There are four front-accessible, hot-swap-capable DASD bays that can accommodate up to 587.2 GB of disk storage. The fifth bay is used for a DVD-ROM or DVD-RAM.
Other integrated features include:
· Three 3.3 V, 133 MHz, 64-bit PCI-X slots
· Service processor
· Two 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports, serial ports, USB ports, and HMC ports
· Dual channel Ultra320 SCSI controller
· Hot-swap power and cooling
· Redundant power (optional) and cooling
The optional Advanced OpenPower Virtualization technologies are also supported on the OpenPower 710:
· POWER(TM) Hypervisor for OpenPower systems
· Virtual I/O Server for OpenPower systems
· SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 for POWER, or later
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS for POWER Version 3, or later
Note: Static LPAR is supported; dynamic LPAR is not supported.
Planned availability date
February 18, 2005
At a glance
Model 710 offers:
· Outstanding value for entry Linux servers
· Powerful, symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) on demand business server
· 2U rack-mount configuration
· One 1-way or 2-way, state-of-the-art, 64-bit POWER5 processor running at 1.65 GHz
· Performance and capacity needed by demanding on demand applications
· Up to 32 GB of memory
· Up to 587.2 GB of internal disk storage
· Four hot-swap disk bays and three PCI-X slots for feature expandability
· One slimline media bay for mandatory DVD-ROM or DVD-RAM
· Optional Advanced OpenPower Virtualization features: POWER Hypervisor technology and Virtual I/O Server
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative, an IBM Business Partner, or the Americas Call Centers at 800-IBM-CALL Reference: RE001