Press Release Summary:
Available in sizes up to 126 x 88Â and 4–6 mmÂ custom thicknesses, scratch-resistant Semi-Transparent Mirrors feature mirror coating applied to either low iron soda lime glass or grey glass. Additional customization options include screen printing, edge treatments, shape, and finish options. While silver reflection remains stable under wide viewing angles, optical coating, whichÂ has color neutral performance across visible spectrum, does not affect true color of display image.
Original Press Release:
Semi-Transparent Mirrors for Visually Dynamic Displays Now Available from Abrisa Technologies
An emerging trend in hotel, restaurant, and retail displays is the use of aesthetically pleasing high performance Semi-Transparent Mirrors to create a visually dynamic display/mirror combination. The display unit is located behind the mirror, hidden from view until powered on when the image appears clear, sharp and color neutral. The Semi-Transparent Mirrors supplied by Abrisa Technologies are typically used for the following applications:
- Semi-Transparent Displays
- Semi-Mirrored Partition Walls
- Active Automotive Mirrors
- Interrogation Room Windows (“One-Way” & “Two-Way” Mirrors)
- Mirrored Cover Glass for Hidden Surveillance Equipment Architectural Accents
The mirror coating can be applied to low iron soda lime glass for very low absorption. Alternatively, grey glass can be specified as a substrate when a more opaque look is needed, as when hiding TVs and surveillance equipment.
Semi-Transparent Mirrors are available in sizes of up to 126” x 88” and in thicknesses of 4mm and 6mm. Custom OEM thicknesses are also available upon request. The mirrors can be customized with screen printing, high quality edge treatments, machined to shape, and various other finish options to fit each applications’ unique requirements.
All Semi-Transparent Mirrors supplied by Abrisa Technologies have an elegant silver reflection that remains stable under wide viewing angles. The optical coating has superior color neutral performance across the visible spectrum which does not affect the true color of the display image.
In addition to true color transparency transmission, the highly durable and proprietary dielectric mirror coating provides improved scratch resistance, allowing the mirror to be used in outdoor applications. The robust coating is easy-to-clean with standard, commercially available glass cleaners.
Grey Glass Semi-Transparent Mirrors:
- Available with 2-sided mirror coating
- Best when more opaque look is required such as hiding TV’s and surveillance equipment
- 50/20 reflectivity/transmission ratio offers superior ambient light blocking
Low Iron Soda Lime Semi-Transparent Mirrors:
- Available with 1 or 2-sided mirror coating
- 35/65 and 50/50 reflectivity/transmission ratio for 1 or 2-sided
- 65/35 reflectivity/transmission for 2-sided only
When selecting glass (low iron soda lime or grey glass) material several factors should be considered:
- Ambient light levels relative to display brightness
- Tempering of the glass for safety requirements
- Whether boding is required to a display surface
- Images to be displayed highly pixelated; yes or no
According to Jacky Vel, VP, Sales & Marketing “For those applications on a budget, 1-sided 50/50 low iron soda lime Semi-Transparent Mirrors provide great optical performance at an entry level price.” She further states, “One-sided coating is recommended for optical bonding or lamination and reduces image ghosting. Two-sided coating has thinner layers allowing for easier tempering. We suggest selecting 35/65 R/T for high ambient lighting, 50/50 R/T for medium lighting and 65/35 R/T for low ambient lighting situations. Additionally, the team at Abrisa Technologies is available to help our customers select the most appropriate material choice to fit their specific application criteria”