Press Release Summary:
ATEX/TUV-approved SupremaÂ® Control System incorporates fire and gas detection technology and provides signal processing for up to 256 inputs and 512 relay and analog inputs. Intelligent safety system is compatible with third-party devices with 4-20 mA and dry-contact type inputs. Field configurable system provides distributed digital bus technology that ensures fail-safe internal data transfer and incorporates status LEDs.
Original Press Release:
MSA Announces the Suprema® Control System
The new Suprema® Control System from MSA Instrument Division, Pittsburgh, PA. is now available. The modular, intelligent safety system of the Suprema is the new standard of fire and gas detection technology. Designed to meet a wide range of monitoring needs, the Suprema Controller provides signal processing for up to 256 inputs and 512 relay and analog inputs.
The Suprema System offers a modular redundancy design, bringing flexibility to any monitoring system. The Suprema System is compatible with all of the MSA fire and gas products, as well as with a variety of third-party devices with 4-20mA and "dry contact" type inputs.
The Suprema Control System is field configurable and provides a distributed digital bus technology that ensures fail-safe internal data transfer. This results in tremendous system flexibility and also minimizes wiring needs, helping to keep overall system costs as low as possible.
· ATEX approved
· TUV approved SIL3 rating (IEC61508)
· Receives 4-20mA output sensors; 2-wire and 3-wire
· Receives switched output sensors (smoke, fire, heat)
· Optional electrically-isolated analog outputs
· System and signal status LEDs
· User-friendly graphical user interface (GUI)
· Simple system operation with graphic display, text readouts, cursor keys and function keys
· Internal power supply (150W, 85-265 VAC)
· Battery connections for emergency power operation (24V)
· Interfaces to external Modbus and Profibus protocols
· Space-saving compact modular design
· Easy installation with plug-in ribbon cables
· Flexible planning with integrated modules
· Straightforward system expansion
· Simple mouse-click configuration for voting, alarm grouping and multiple task activations
· Minimal cost of ownership
For more information on the Suprema Control System, request literature # 07-2068, by dialing 1-800-MSA-4678, or contact your nearest MSA sales representative. To learn about MSA and our other high quality products, visit our web site at: