Rotary Positioning Stages / Tables
Rotary Tables perform safely in hazardous areas.
Press Release Summary:
AccuRing HE Series open-center, programmable rotary tables have explosion proof motors, non-sparking gearing, remote motion control electronics, and intrinsically safe sensors. Tables are suitable for hazardous environments and handle up to 100,00 lbs. Applications include automated painting cells, adhesive applications, volatile materials handling, fine particle dust atmospheres, and natural gas and propane environments.
Original Press Release:
Centricity Offers Explosion Proof Option on New Rotary Tables
Girard, OH - March 8, 2002 - Centricity, located in Girard, Ohio announces the latest option for its open-center, programmable rotary tables. Designed for the painting and volatile materials handling industry, the AccuRing HE Series Rotary Tables are designed for Hazardous Environment applications.
Originally developed for aircraft fuselage painting applications in the Aerospace Industry, the new AccuRing HE Series Tables offers such features as explosion proof motors, non-speaking gearing, remote motion control electronics, and intrinsically safe sensors.
Applications would include automated painting cells, adhesive applications, volatile materials handling, fine particle dust atmospheres (flour, grain, or starch), and natural gas and propane environments.
As with all AccuRing Rotary Tables, the new HE Series offers extreme weight capacities (over 100,000 pounds), outstanding positional accuracy, large open center, and is delivered complete including the tooling ring (machined to the customers requirements), base, all drive components, assembled and tested.
AccuRing Rotary Tables
Typical Applications - Examples
* Aerospace Paint Booth - AccuRing Rotary Table positions aircraft fuselage for robotic paint application. Explosion proof atmosphere and large weight capacity of 15,000 lbs.
* Food Processing Line - All stainless steel construction, wash-down requirement for meat processing plant.
* Rocket Engine Inspection Station - Center mounted telescopic scanner vertically inspects the i.d. of rocket engines rotating on the AccuRing. Extreme positioning required for precise inspection.
* Waterjet Cutting System - AccuRing positioning large diameter rings for cutting under fixed waterjet head. Positioning to +/- .0003" @ 72" diameter.
* Robotic Welding Cell - Center mounted robot, extending to all sides of the table, cables and pneumatics pass thru the open center.
* Adhesive Applicator - Center mounted dispensing robot applies adhesive in coordinated motion without stopping the tooling ring. AccuRing servo drive motor controlled by additional axis from robot controller.
* Glass Stretching Machine - fully automated glass line uses the AccuRing to rotate glass into position for final stretching. Total tooling weight was 12,000 lbs on the table surface.
* Automated Drilling Machine - Drilling equipment was located on the inside of the tooling ring as well as the outside. Parts were indexed into position and drilled and tapped on both sides simultaneously, reducing the need to rotate the part for further operations due to limited access.
* Medical Product Manufacturing - Automated colostomy bag manufacturing line uses AccuRing to position products for assembly.