Press Release Summary:
NFC Narrow Fiber Cradles protect rolled and cylindrical products 4 to 11 in. in dia during shipping, handling and warehousing. Cradles are available in 5, 8, 10, and 11-in. sizes. Made from recycled corrugated fiber pulp, cradles permit placement at any point along length of roll which ensures maximum surface-area support. Molded center perforation makes it possible to use cradles in pairs, making it suitable for rolls of longer web widths.
Original Press Release:
Rollguard(R) Products Launch Line of Narrow Roll Cradles
APPLETON, Wis.-Rollguard(R) Products, part of Great Northern Corporation's Specialty Group, has launched a new line of cost-effective roll cradles. Narrow Fiber Cradles (NFC) are designed to protect rolled and cylindrical products 4 inches to 11 inches in diameter during shipping, handling and warehousing.
These patented cradles are available in 5-inch, 8-inch, 10-inch and 11-inch sizes. They are engineered to deliver maximum protection from Rollguard's exclusive triple-hinge design, which is ideal for rolls with core extensions. The cradles also increase support of center rolls by 38 percent or more per roll, depending on core extensions, compared with standard single-hinge cradles.
"Products that are seven to eleven inches in diameter have handling characteristics that require special consideration," explained Rob Swannell, sales manager. "The Narrow Fiber Cradles from Rollguard meet those characteristics by delivering maximum protection with a packaging system that is economical, flexible and effective."
Made from recycled corrugated fiber pulp, the cradles are designed to permit placement at any point along the length of a roll, which ensures maximum surface-area support. In addition to being ideally suited for bag and sheeting roll stock, such as agriculture film and industrial sheeting, NFC features include:
- A patented design that enhances cradle strength for maximum protection, and reduces packaging costs.
- The ability to handle core extensions .125 inches to .625 inches or more.
- A molded center perforation feature that makes it possible to use the cradles in pairs. This provides additional cost savings especially for rolls of longer web widths.
- Strong yet flexible corrugated fiber-pulp construction that enhances pallet load stability and allows for safe stacking of pallets for most applications.
- An easy-to-use design that enables horizontal roll loading.
- The versatility to protect rolls of any web width.
- 100 percent recyclable.
Rollguard Products (www.rollguard.com) supplies protective packaging systems for rolled and cylindrical products to a variety of industries. Major product lines include Rollguard EPS Foam, Recycled Fiber, Recycled Fiber Double-Sided, Thermoformed Double-Sided and Full Roll cradles. Inquiries for Rollguard's products can be directed to Gary Lawell, inside sales representative, at (800) 925-2626, (920) 997-6329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.