Press Release Summary:
The Special-Effect Liquid Colors from Riverdale include deep pearl, transparent pearl, blast, splash, metal, metal expression, transparent and natural. The liquid colors increase pigment loading per pound of colorant. They are suitable for packagers and consumer-product merchandizers to reinforce brand identity, increase consumer enjoyment and attract shoppers.
Original Press Release:
Liquid Colors Provide Eye-Catching Special Effects for Packaging and Consumer Products at Low Addition Levels
Riverdale Global Offers Metallics, Pearlescents, Super-Brights, and Transparent Tints, plus Colors with Non-Synthetic Liquid Carriers
ASTON, PENNSYLVANIA, U.S.A., January 17, 2019: New special-effect liquid colors from Riverdale Global enable manufacturers of packaging and consumer products to enhance shelf appeal and add value while using lower let-downs of colorant than with pellet masterbatch.
Providing a diversity of effects, the specialty colors include:
● Deep Pearl. For these colors, Riverdale Global selected particles that provide a standard pearlescent effect at lower let-downs.
● Transparent Pearl. Used at 0.5% loadings in clear resins, these colors exhibit a glitter effect.
● Blast. These colors provide super-bright pearlescent effects while minimizing flow lines.
● Splash. These colors combine bright specialty pigments and pearlescent particles to yield super-bright effects.
● Metal. These colors yield a smooth, flat surface with a metallic sheen.
● Metal Expression. Larger particle sizes in these colors yields a glittery metallic effect.
● Transparent. These colors can be used at loadings of only 0.1% to tint clear resins.
● Natural. Helping to achieve sustainability goals, these are dispersions of FDA-approved colors in natural carriers, whereas the carrier resins in masterbatch are synthetic substances.
“The new special-effect liquid colors from Riverdale Global meet the growing demand by packagers and consumer-product merchandizers for colors that reinforce brand identity, attract shoppers, and increase consumer enjoyment,” said Charles B. Irish, vice president of product development. “As liquids, these products have the added advantage of yielding the desired color intensity at a lower addition level than with pellet masterbatch.”
The increased coloring efficiency of liquid color is attributable to a higher pigment loading per pound of colorant and enhanced dispersion as a result of the liquid carrier.
Like other liquid colors and additives from Riverdale Global, the new special-effect colors are each supplied in a container that stays sealed from the moment it arrives at the processor’s loading dock, through storage, handling, and metering into the process, and during return to Riverdale Global for replenishment. With the company’s proprietary “Pump in a Drum” design, the color is metered into the process by a pump that is located inside the drum. This total system eliminates the complications of handling liquids, including spillage, leakage, cleanup, pump maintenance, unused additive, environmental concerns, and disposal costs.
RIVERDALE GLOBAL, LLC specializes in liquid color management for the plastics industry through our sealed color delivery system, computerized color technology, and global service network. The company’s world headquarters is in Aston, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., with international offices based in the United Kingdom, Dubai, Singapore, and China. The Riverdale legacy dates back to the early 1900s as a supplier of dyes and industrial chemicals with a focus today on economy through process automation, sustainability and local service. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.